What's new

What's your Gonzaga and Baylor shaving stuff?

For people who may not follow American college basketball, a tiny bit of background. On Monday night, the NCAA basketball tournament played its championship game. Gonzaga was favored. They had gone through the entire season undefeated. Broadcasters were just awaiting the coronation of the first undefeated champions since Indiana did it in the late 1970s. But then, they ran into a buzzsaw, and ended up losing to Baylor by 16 points!

So, here's the shaving-related part: Do you have examples like this in your den? Where you thought one item was the best, but then, somewhat by surprise, another item came along and put it in its place?

For me, I have one example, and it's in shave soaps.

Gonzaga: Wickham 1912 Club Cola. Love the scent, makes a nice lather, shaves great. Top dog! But then, along comes....

Baylor: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise. Wow. The lather I get from this soap makes me completely re-think the Club Cola lather.

Just like in the college basketball example in which Gonzaga is still a really good team, but ran into a better one, Wickham 1912 Club Cola is still a really good soap, but the Dr. Jon's is just better.

Your turn. Have you had any "Gonzaga" products that you just loved (hardware, software, brushes, aftershaves, anything) and thought was the best, but then you tried something new (the "Baylor" product) that made you realize that you prior product, although still good, wasn't the best? If so, I'd love to hear about it......

Top Bottom