What's new

What's your go to soap when trying a new razor?

Probably whatever soap I had been using. I might put it on a little thick, however, if I were concerned about the aggressiveness of an unknown razor. OTOH I cannot imagine buying a razor without having some idea of how aggressive it might be on my face.

All the new soaps today seem superior in slickness and glide. I really don’t have a problem with any of them. Creams are another animal. Although there are nice creams out there that create tons of lather effortlessly, I’ve found they don’t offer the slickness and protection of soaps.
Came here to say this, and got a bonus wisdom on creams too.

There are just so many good makers out there that I don't really need a reference soap any more.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Whatever soap you have that works best for you. One you already know you can get a good lather from, has good protection, and good slickness. Don't try anything new (this goes for blades, too; use a blade that you know works for you).

Yes indeed !!

Either something in DGs Milksteak line or B&Ms Excelsior base. Both work well for me when I’m unsure of how things are going to turn out.

A soap that has excellent slickness, residual slickness, & protection. And by the way, it also provides fantastic post shave face feel: Ethos
IMG_2793.jpg

I use A&E with the common base from a couple of years ago.

I have one tub that my wife likes the scent and a couple she doesn't. Doesn't matter if she is at work or not, I get to use the same base when trying new razors or blades. . . .and use up scents she doesn't like sometimes.

Top Bottom