What's new

What's your go to "in a hurry" razor?

You know, you need to shave but don't have time for your whole routine. This happened to me yesterday. Whenever this happens I use a 40's Tech. No prep except some splashed warm water and my pre-shave oil and then I lather up and do a 1 pass shave with touch up. Not BBS or DFS but certainly a solid SAS and it's quick and usually irritation free.

So what's your "in a hurry" razor or routine.

ATT Kronos R1 coupled with a new Astra SP. Perfect for when I need a fairly fast agressive shave. I can fly through, getting a pretty good one pass shave without much risk of cutting myself.

Last edited:
Feather AS + shaving oil works great, and you can shave really fast if you are used to this razor

Used to be a Weber head on one of my custom handles but I got talked out of my Weber head by another B&B member now I am "headless" and can no longer get in a rush :nonod:

I would run late. I am usually very early for work and appointments. Impatiently waiting if the engagement involves the lovely Mrs. Galaktus as she gets ready.
Occasionally, I do run late, I'm only human despite the forum name, and if I am running late for work, I figure that stopping for coffee and being late is better than being late and not having coffee.
Anyway, my in-a-hurry razor is my regular Weber.

I would say use any mild razor, as it really doesn't matter. A mild razor such as a Gillette Tech or a Schick DE or a Gillette Blue Tip will reduce the chance of cutting one's self when in a hurry. When you are hurried the shave will be less than outstanding, regardless of the razor.

Depends on how long I let my beard grow. If it's gotten a little hefty, I use my Sheraton.
Otherwise it's the Muhle R89 to the rescue. I can usually shave pretty quickly regardless

I would run late. I am usually very early for work and appointments. Impatiently waiting if the engagement involves the lovely Mrs. Galaktus as she gets ready.
Occasionally, I do run late, I'm only human despite the forum name, and if I am running late for work, I figure that stopping for coffee and being late is better than being late and not having coffee.
Anyway, my in-a-hurry razor is my regular Weber.

You sound exactly like me down to the impatience waiting on others to get ready. I hate to be late for anything, must be a military thing. However if I'm already late then I see no need to rush.

I find whenever I use my 40's Super Speed, that I am able to be a bit quicker with my shave, and still not suffer razor burn or any other ill effect.

Man, I love my razor collection! :thumbup:

I know it's not a DE but lately when I am in a rush I have started using my dreadnought shavette with a single pass. When I use my DE I like to take my time and always try to get that BBS we all want.

2011 Muhle R41. I was hoping slants (Apollo, Fasan, Lutz, etc) might be just as fast for me, but they require me to use extra passes and simply aren't as efficient for my face.

I'm never in a hurry - life is too short for bad coffee or a bad shave.

Seriously - it doesn't take me that much longer to do it properly - why would I rush and run the risk of a nick through stupidity? That would be a much worse outcome IMHO.

Allow yourself the time, do it properly and do it once, gentlemen are NEVER rushed.

Top Bottom