What's new

What’s your favourite Wholly Kaw scent

I recently put an order in for some soaps and was gonna wait to get a WK but I can’t hold out..

Would love to hear this knowledgeable forums opinion on your fav WK scent

Cheers

Love WK performance just not the Man From Mayfair scent which is the only one I have. So that won’t be repeated for me - but I sure will try others though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite is Jamestown Gentleman, but Fougere Bouquet is VERY close, it might even take the top spot in a few shaves, we'll see. Wholly Kaw is my top soap at the moment, the donkey milk is an incredible base.

Just read the other topic on WK scents so apologies for creating another topic on it..

For anyone with the AS and soap sets, does the AS smell like the soap?

I’m so confused as to which to get and have it down to the following

fougere Bouquet
La fougere parfait
Chypre rose concerto
Jamestown gentleman

We truly are spoilt for choice

King of oud my favorite WK scent. (It has a very strong scent profile). I find it hard to describe. It grows on you. sweet & complex at same time. Maybe a hair perfume-y. I didn’t like as much in first smell but really like it now

Lav sublime smells of lime. It’s more subtle than king of oud in tub. It’s nice; lime makes it very citrus in scent for me but haven’t used it yet only smelt in tub.

Man of Mayfair is interesting. Had a peanut butter smell to it in tub. Not as strong once lathered. Scent was not for me. It’s not terrible but wouldn’t get it again. (Only one I’d reorder for scent is king of oud).

Performance for all is fantastic. I haven’t tried any others.

Just my opinion on scents. Cheers!

Last edited:
Just read the other topic on WK scents so apologies for creating another topic on it..

For anyone with the AS and soap sets, does the AS smell like the soap?

I’m so confused as to which to get and have it down to the following

fougere Bouquet
La fougere parfait
Chypre rose concerto
Jamestown gentleman

We truly are spoilt for choice
I think the aftershaves do smell just like the soaps. All of the soaps you mentioned smell fantastic. I also love King of Oud. As scent is so subjective, I would recommend buying samples. I think you can get them directly from WK, and you can probably find them on Maggards.

WK scents I have tried:
Fougere Bouquet
Twice As Spice
Fern Concerto
Lav Sublime Concerto
Merchant OF Toabcco
KoO
La Fougere Parfaite
Man From Mayfair
Chypre Rose Concerto
Project Leather
Washingtons Blend

FAVORITE WK SCENTS:
Chypre Rose Concerto
Project Leather
King OF Oud

These are by far my favorite of the WK line, some people didn't care for Project Leather as it is not a heavy leather scent, but it is sweet and something a bit similar to King Of Oud. CRS is one of the best rose scents on the market IMO and is a soap that will make you think twice about rose scents.

You may want to get some samples to see what you like best since scents are pretty YMMV. One things for sure you cant go wrong with this soap base, among the best you can buy.

samples are hard to get here in oz, the shipping doesn't really make it worth it..

I have heard James Town is sort of barbershop-ish, and i already have a couple of those my fav so far being CaD..

Am quite intrigued about the Rose smell, i actually have quite a few Roses at home and i do like the rose smell, just bit worried about smelling like a female.. pretty much only thing holding me back from getting a rose scent

I have King of Oud and LavSublime.

King of Oud is crazy strong to me. With the lid open, I can smell it 10 feet away. It has grown on me, but I'm still not a huge fan. I like LavSublime more, but it's not among my favorite soap scents, either.

I'm looking forward to trying the grapefruit. WK performance is so good that scent is secondary to me.

Between the soaps, balms, splashes and deodorants, I've probably got a dozen different WK scents. King of Oud and Fougere Parfaite are my favorites, with King of Oud getting the nod.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've tried a bunch of samples and my fav by far is Man from Mayfair. Kind of an earthy take on 'barbershop' scent. Really nice. The balm is great too.

I need to mention that my wife, for the second time in my life, mentioned yesterday morning that she like the scent I'd just used. The first time was almost five years ago, when she mentioned she liked the Tabac aftershave I'd just splashed on. Yesterday, the scent she was smelling was King of Oud.

Top Bottom