What's new

What’s your favourite modern day de razor?

I view this as a bit of a loaded question. Find a DE razor today that doesn't have a comparable likeness in recent antiquity. From that perspective the Old type is about as technologically advanced as a modern Merkur. If I had to answer, my 33C.

My favorite modern day razor depends on the day.
But the three I use the most are a Timeless .95SB, Rex Ambassador, and Charcoal Goods Lvl 2.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The new Timeless SS .68 is the best razor I currently own. It's going to take willpower on my part to keep the other razors I have in a rotation with it.

Timeless Ti .68SB followed closely by ATT Windsor CM1 Kronos and ATT Windsor SE1 Calypso. All three are outstanding razors that give a wonderful shave.

I really dislike modern DE razors
I have used a lot, and I just hate they way they feel and shave, especially the scalloped safety bars most have.
I stick to my vintage gillettes

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I haven't a lot of experience with modern razors-a 34C, a Parker, & a couple Fatips. So of those I've used my fave would be the gold Fatip Grande with the safety bar.

My favorite is the Timeless .95 SS scalloped, polished. I have pretty sensitive skin but have found this razor is better for me than milder options.

That being said, if milder is what you're looking for, the Timeless .68 is hard to beat. Its genius.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

It would be tough to pick between the ATT H1 and the Muhle R41. Probably go with the ATT H1 if the shavapocolypse happened and no more razors were being made because it would last forever.

Wow, no mention of the RazorRock Game Changer yet? I have very few moderns, but the GC .84P easily makes the top for me.
What Fred said!
It looks like you missed posts 46, 50, 55, and 56 Jeff. :wink2:

GC84_2019-01-27.jpg

It used to be the Muhle R41 2013 until the screw threads on the cap corroded away. When ordering a new cap and head from the UK I thought I'd try the Muhle Rocca. Now I don't know which one I like better. Maybe it's the Rocca, but we'll see in a couple weeks.

Game Changer .68 OC. I'm one shave in with a ATT S1 so still on the fence about that. The made in USA ATT's are soon to fall from the 'modern day razor' list though.

Top Bottom