What's new

Whats Your Favourite Aircraft Themed Movie Or TV Show?

Baa Baa Black Sheep, 1976-78, Opening. I was a major airplane nerd as a teen.

Also this:
images.jpeg

Memphis Belle
Sully
The Spirit of St. Louis with Jimmy Stewart.
The Tuskegee Airmen
Midway

My favorite scene from Memphis Belle
reminds me of the story of Apollo and Cassandra.

If I remember it right,
one of the guys on the Memphis Belle wanted to have a war story to tell back home.
So while under attack they let him man one of the guns, which was not his station,
and he shoots down an enemy fighter which crashes into the tail of another B17
knocking the bomber out of the sky,
giving him a war story that he can't tell back home.

Ba ba black sheep what a great show
The blue max
The great waldo pepper was amazing but I might have it confused with those magnificent men in their flying machines
I really liked the new top gun
Midway, flyboys and the tuskegee airmen for new movies are good too

My favorite scene from Memphis Belle
reminds me of the story of Apollo and Cassandra.

If I remember it right,
one of the guys on the Memphis Belle wanted to have a war story to tell back home.
So while under attack they let him man one of the guns, which was not his station,
and he shoots down an enemy fighter which crashes into the tail of another B17
knocking the bomber out of the sky,
giving him a war story that he can't tell back home.
That scene was to me the most powerful and disturbing of the whole film.

The German fighter rips off the rear section of the B17, but the tail gunner is still desperately radioing as he plummets, trapped in the compartment to his death.

That hit me hard, then and now recalling it.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Adding my vote for these:
Memphis Bell
The Flight of the Phoenix
Flyboys
Apollo 13
Baa Baa Blacksheep

Thanks for the ideas of other ones to watch this weekend

Off topic a bit, but if you want to read a true story of honor between enemy pilots, check out "A Higher Call". Incredible!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It would have to be a comedy like Airplane. Working in the aviation field, I quickly pick up stupid mistakes. Take Top Gun 2, when he clipped the nose gear off of the F14. Why did it not, shortly there after, have a total hydraulic fluid loss? Hell, the impact didn’t even affect his flight path. Top Gun was even worse, when he was upside down over another F14, almost canopy on canopy. What about the vertical stabilizers?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Of course, I do this with other types of movies, too. Since Dirty Harry, I subconsciously count the number of rounds fired. I have stopped movies, thought “that’s not right”, rewind and count. Yep- too many rounds fired without reload. The Quick and the Dead would be a great movie, but then the last shootout occurs. After Hackman is shot you can see daylight streaming through the bullet hole. That was so unnecessary. :)

Top Bottom