What's new

What's Your Favorite Vintage Razor?

Great video. The Rolls is a razor I've been wanting to try for a little while now. It's tough finding the strops to go with it and a good original blade as well. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs, let me know :001_cool:.
My favorite vintage razor has to be the Gillette 1948-1950 Aristocrat. To me the razor is a real beauty and it shaves like a dream. After that would probably be the Gillette 1934 black and reds and the Gillette single rings just because of their amazing lines

Weck Surgical Prep. Simple design, but VERY efficient. Only safety razor to take a Weck blade.

2 weck.jpg

Shake Sharp v1.0 (1946). Because (especially with twin blades) it shaves better than anything else I own.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Close tie between my British #16 Aristocrat, and my British NEW RFB.

Both are the Pinaccle of smooth shaving and excellent design.
20180418_163543.jpg
received_10215849376373716.jpeg

You know, on first impulse I would have chosen a Gillette Super 109 as my favorite vintage, it's one that's been in my family now for 49 years. But since I started using the Shaving Buddy app to track my shaves, it appears my favorite vintage is my Gillette Sheraton, my Fatboy comes in second, the Super as third, the Shick Krona fourth and the Slim at fifth place. Of course that ranking is based on overall shave, and not just the razor but the combined effect of razor, lather, brush, AS and blade.

Thank you! It is hard to get a good set. The one in video was actually a museum piece got from eBay for $35 and it appeared new. However, I've not taken care of it as well as I should have, which is why it had so many marks. I do use it, so it's bound to get worn out eventually. I buy more sets that are in bad shape overall but have strop and honing stone still in good condition. Download the eBay app and setup alarm for whenever another pops up.

Great video. The Rolls is a razor I've been wanting to try for a little while now. It's tough finding the strops to go with it and a good original blade as well. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs, let me know :001_cool:.
My favorite vintage razor has to be the Gillette 1948-1950 Aristocrat. To me the razor is a real beauty and it shaves like a dream. After that would probably be the Gillette 1934 black and reds and the Gillette single rings just because of their amazing lines

Been looking for a good condition Gillette Sheraton. The prices are pretty high, even for one in ok condition.

You know, on first impulse I would have chosen a Gillette Super 109 as my favorite vintage, it's one that's been in my family now for 49 years. But since I started using the Shaving Buddy app to track my shaves, it appears my favorite vintage is my Gillette Sheraton, my Fatboy comes in second, the Super as third, the Shick Krona fourth and the Slim at fifth place. Of course that ranking is based on overall shave, and not just the razor but the combined effect of razor, lather, brush, AS and blade.

Been looking for a good condition Gillette Sheraton. The prices are pretty high, even for one in ok condition.
I've noticed the increase in price. Mine is definitely user grade, but I picked it up about 4 years ago and things were not so inflated.

Been around with a number of razors.

Fave is a Liebel

If someone made a new version of this razor I would be all over one

proxy.php

Currently, my favorite vintage is my E2 Fatboy. It’s user grade looks but shaves wonderfully. I prefer it to my L4 Slim and my prewar Fat Handled Tech (the only other vintages I own).

E1 and E2 Fatboy are amazing. So are the prices nowadays :eek2:

Currently, my favorite vintage is my E2 Fatboy. It’s user grade looks but shaves wonderfully. I prefer it to my L4 Slim and my prewar Fat Handled Tech (the only other vintages I own).

Top Bottom