What's new

What's your favorite soap base?

Hello everybody!

Considering what's available on the market today, taking into account the latest artisans, and the best formulas already in existence, what are your favourite bases, either in the USA, or in Europe.

For me:

USA -> B&M; DG
Europe -> Lothur; Westman Shaving
All time Classic -> Tabac

Cheers

Man, I do like Proraso a lot! The green one is so damn good on warmer days... And I do use some Nivea balms. Really good bang for buck!

CK6

Also, Gilllette Foamy or as its called here in europe ”Gillette Classic/regular”. That stuff smells divine, just works and is inexpensive and convenient🤷‍♂️

CK6

Also, Gilllette Foamy or as its called here in europe ”Gillette Classic/regular”. That stuff smells divine, just works and is inexpensive and convenient🤷‍♂️
You mean the classic foam or the tube? If its the foam, it could smell like heaven but I don't use that thing on my skin... It dries the hell out of me.
Tubes can be almost convenient as the foam...You just need 2 minutes to build a proper and much more protective lather :)

You mean the classic foam or the tube? If its the foam, it could smell like heaven but I don't use that thing on my skin... It dries the hell out of me.
Tubes can be almost convenient as the foam...You just need 2 minutes to build a proper and much more protective lather :)
The foam. It doesn’t dry out my skin, and I mostly use it in the field or exercises (swedish army). Brush or ”hand lathering” creams in a ditch just…sucks. Smelly foam it is😉

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have some very nice soaps and creams... most recommended by people here. If I had to choose just one forever, it would have to be Canada Shaving Soap... it's scentless and doesn't affect my skin adversely. It lathers like a dream, in my humble view. I haven't had a bad shave with it yet. In fact, every shave has been a delight.

Now, as most of you know, I've only been "wet shaving" since the middle of February. There are many here with far more experience than I have so take my comment with Lot's wife, the original Morton's girl.

TOBS cream. Lathers quickly, softens my copper wire beard, and rinses off cleanly. My face feels amazing about 5 minutes after the shave until the end of the day. No tallow base or artisan has come remotely close.

For lather, slickness, cushion, post-shave, & scent, Ethos is the best soap base of any soap I have tried. Ethos has been the best soap base for me for well over a year now since I first used the Ethos Lavender. It is superb. Others I have used are Panacrema Nuavia, MdC, Declaration Grooming, SV, GD, & many, many others. I use Ethos for well over half my shaves. I regularly use MdC, & occasionally Declaration Grooming & SV.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello everybody!

Considering what's available on the market today, taking into account the latest artisans, and the best formulas already in existence, what are your favourite bases, either in the USA, or in Europe.

For me:

USA -> B&M; DG
Europe -> Lothur; Westman Shaving
All time Classic -> Tabac

Cheers

Tallow is always the best soap base. Every good soap should start with tallow, and work its way up from there. If it don't got no tallow in it, I don't want it. Its as simple as that. Gimme all the tallow! 😝

proxy.php

G

Guest2023

U.P. base of Arko..... I love the scent and lather it can produce.

Top Bottom