• ATT Atlas SB

• Ikon Stainless

• Ikon DLC

• Shavecraft 102

• Razorock Stealth

• Hoffritz

• Walbusch B5

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like all of my slants (Merkur, Hoffritz, Razor Rock, and ATT) but put the ATT S1 and S2 at the top of the list. My reason for selection is because its readily available, has a nice weight and balance, is made out of SS material, feels great in my hand, and gives an excellent shave. The RR slant is a nice one too - but is not readily available and is on the light side.

ATT S1 (straight bar). I've used the Merkur and this one only. The ATT is much better. I don't have the shaving budget to buy all the others.

I have two slants an Ikon DLC, and ATT S1. I think I prefer the Ikon but it is really close. The Ikon is awesome but it definitely has the alignment issues you hear about with this razor. The ATT is different the angle of the head is minimal (it is barely a slant) but a really nice shave anyhow.

I voted for the 37c. I have to admit it's the only slant I ever tried, but after only 5 shaves with it I'm impressed.

Works really well for me with Rapira Swedish supersteel and Gillette Wilkinson from India.

I like all of my slants (Merkur, Hoffritz, Razor Rock, and ATT) but put the ATT S1 and S2 at the top of the list. My reason for selection is because its readily available, has a nice weight and balance, is made out of SS material, feels great in my hand, and gives an excellent shave. The RR slant is a nice one too - but is not readily available and is on the light side.
Jim-am I correct in my understanding that ATT makes two slant heads (OC and SB) which can be paired with different handles such as the Atlas, Colossus, Kronos, etc.? What do you have and what made you choose it?

I like my Razorock slant but it is a bit too mild. My Merkur is too aggressive. Where is the happy medium?

I recently started in with a Merkur 39c. So far, I've only tried it with a Feather blade because I've used that blade in other razors and wanted to manage the variables.

I really like the weight of the 39c. The razor is very smooth and allows me to go through the problem areas on my neck with almost no resistance. With care, I haven't had any problem with nicks and have had little irritation as well.

Some day, I may try others out of curiosity, but so far this is a great experience.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I voted ATT S2 OC Atlas, cause that is the one that gets used most often, has the most modern design, and is bullet-proof in SS. Second would be a Coles (a Hoffritz clone I believe). Third would be the Sledgehammer Slant, though it hasn't been on duty for a while. I've had the Merkur 45 Bakelite (too light), the standard 37C, and an iKon, which is gone and can't recall which model. There was also a Hoffritz clone that some dude had cornered the market in, a white handled something, can't recall that one either.

So I still have the ATT, 39C, Hoffritz. Hoping Wolfman tries one ..

I went ATT S2. I have tried the 39c. It was decent. The S2 has a huge sweet spot. You can go from steep to shallow and get a great shave. I noticed you left Fasan out of the poll. I Know quite a few people who really enjoy these as well.

Jim-am I correct in my understanding that ATT makes two slant heads (OC and SB) which can be paired with different handles such as the Atlas, Colossus, Kronos, etc.? What do you have and what made you choose it?

I have the Kronos handle with the OC and SB plates and one head. The heads are the same it is the base plates that differ. My first selection was the SB (S1) and liked it so much I ordered the plate for the OB (S2). I decided to keep both.

For the price the Merkurs are excellent. Intuitive and close shaves. But if money isn't an option go with the Ikon DLC. It's a true slant and gives a close smooth effiecient shave. It's my favorite de razor period.

I like my Merkur for price and the short handle 37C. Does a good job - I rotate it when I can drag myself away from a Fatboy or 34C

I've been very impressed by the Shavecraft 102, although I can't compare it to any other slant because it's the only one I've used. It is very mild, which means the angle has to be just right, so perhaps a little more aggression wouldn't go amiss. However, I suppose there's nothing wrong with a razor that makes you pay close attention to what you're doing.

I have two Stealths (stainless and black versions), Merkur short and long handles, and Ikon Shavecraft 102. My ultimate favorite is the long handle Merkur - it seems to have the best balance among them all.

I have only tried the Merkur long handle slant. I like it a lot now that I've learned different techniques of shaving with it. It also has a night weight to it.

When I first used it, there was a lot of bleeding and irritations. Now it's nice and smooth.

ATT S2 is my choice.

You left out one of the greats: the Fasan doubleslant.

Hi,

Also left out is the Solingen Differential head used by several companies (Lutz for example). Which, the Hoffritz is not (theirs is quite similar in appearance but does not offer different aggression between the two sides).

Stan - Daily user of a Fasan

Top Bottom