• ATT Atlas SB

• Ikon Stainless

• Ikon DLC

• Shavecraft 102

• Razorock Stealth

• Hoffritz

• Walbusch B5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks to DrAwkward, I have had the pleasure to use a Valencia slant for the last couple of weeks. It's pleasantly aggressive, yet can be smooth given the right blade and technique. The slant is fairly extreme and the blade is raised off the comb similar to a Leresche. That's it, it's a slanty Leresche... it has been perfect for me.

My main razor is a lutz slant. I started with a merkur long handled non slant. But after aquiring a ton and trying new things, i landed at the lutz and sold all but 2 non slant Gillettes.

Personally, I only want slants with tilted head. In the list you made for the poll, only iKon 102 and Walbusch B5 got tilted head, but more than those were made.

While it is a YMMV thing, I dislike slant razors with twisted blade as the blade angle becomes a compromise. If I exaggerate a bit, you do both steep and shallow angle (and everything between) in one single stroke with a such razor.

By the way, the poll result will be useless.

Merkur slants will have a really top result because they have been easy to get for a long time, so really many have tested them. It might be the only slant some of the voters have tested, and then it is automatically their favorite.

You should have had two lines for each razor:
1. I am very satisfied with XXXX slant razor
2. I am not very satisfied with XXXX slant razor

That means you could see how happy people have been with their slant and not which slant is the most bought slant.

My favorite is the red one on the left: $Three favorite bakelite razors.jpg

I've never tried the ATT ones, but that is on my list. I've tried many old and new slants though, You can see another bakelite, Merkur, and Mulcuto and Fasan in the background. I just got a grail razor (not pictured) a Fasan red dot double slant (with the plastic cap) that I haven't shaved with yet.

I have the Merkur 37C and the Ikon 102. I like both, but I prefer the Ikon, because it's almost impossible to nick yourself, yet you get a very smooth shave.

What a shame the Krect Shave slant razor of the mid-1930's is ignored. BTW it was made in Portland, OR. By coincidence I shaved with it this morning before I saw this poll.

What a shame there is no entry for "Other" in this poll. No poll is complete without "Other."

What a shame the Krect Shave slant razor of the mid-1930's is ignored. BTW it was made in Portland, OR. By coincidence I shaved with it this morning before I saw this poll.

What a shame there is no entry for "Other" in this poll. No poll is complete without "Other."
Not intentionally. It just wasn't on my radar.

OK. I finally made a decision and picked up an Ikon DLC slant with a limited edition handle. While I'm not sure this is the best slant for me, or anyone for that matter, I'm now three shaves in and extremely happy with it. It was very difficult to find and when I located one - my desire to have it overided any practical or economic sensibilities I might otherwise have relied on. My desire to be done with the purchase decision took over. What I have now is an excellent performer in an aesthetically unattractive form, obtained at an outrageously expensive price (to me).

Can anyone with personal experience offer up a comparison between the ATT SB and ATT OC?

Both the ATT SB and OC are in my cabinet on Kronus handles. Craftsmanship is absolutely top notch. As far as the two razors go, the S1 provides a smoother shave and the S2 provides a closer shave. The S1 is actually so smooth it boggles my mind yet it gives great shaves. I do like having the S1 just for the fool proof, ease of use. The S2 for some reason I feel like I just need to concentrate with it a bit more, but I do not find it as smooth of a shave for whatever reason. It does shave me the closest of any razor I own.

I keep both of these razors for these reasons. S1 - Easy smooth shave. S2 - very close shave, just a bit closer than the S1 but took me some getting used to.

Top Bottom