What's new

What's your Favorite Shaving soap or cream?

Your Favorite Shave Soap/Cream

• Proraso (and CO Bigelow)

• Taylor of Old Bond Street

• Arko

• Truefitt & Hill

• Castle Forbes

• Geo F. Trumper

• Dr Harris

• Confianca/Ach Brito (Musgo Real, O'Melhor, Veleiro,,)

• Casswell-Massey

• Speick

• Art of Shaving

• Other (all the rest, if I had more room I would list it)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nancy Boy is the best I have used, which is admittedly not a lot. Portland General Store has great stuff also, but I can buy Nancy Boy locally for less.

Williams Mug Shaving Soap. Addicted to the smell, and nothing is more slick on my face. True, its not a big thick lather, but slickness is what matters, and it works well. I've never had a closer shave than with this cheap wonder soap.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Caswell Massey is on the list (but not that it has received zero votes).
The almond soap is the WORST shaving product I've ever used. Pure garbage.

My favourite shaving product is Acqua di Parma, but Tabac is certainly the best soap I own. (Is it weird that I have 6 backup pucks, all in the jars?)

Last edited:
Based on the above choices, I have to go with DR Harris.
That said MWF is right up there and Mike's is starting to get into my head.

My go-to soap is L'Occitane CADE. I like the Palmolive shave stick quite a bit as well. Williams is my backup if I don't have either of the other soaps available.

I chose "other" because the two I'm really enjoying are Cella (in the kilo brick) and Walters Shaving Soap (which is an attempt by an artisan to re-create the original Williams before they cheapened their formula).

There are other great ones out there, but sooner or later some of us have a tendency to settle on a few favorites.

Top Bottom