What's new

What's Your Favorite Schick Type L Handle?

The Schick Injector Type L is an interesting collection, with their great variation of unusual handles. There's the Original Type L, the Stick Shift, the Schick Grip, the Paul Revere, the Easy Rider, the Championship, and perhaps others.

The heads are the same, and I believe all the Type L's shave similarly.

But what about the handles? Do you have a favorite Type L handle, as to comfort and control in the hand?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
So I have the Type L "Original" handle, Stick Shift and the Paul Revere. I like them all -- I know, cop out -- BUT.....I'd probably chose the Stick Shift for comfort and control. It's not the gear shift ball head, but rather the length that speaks to me. Long handles aren't really my thing, and the Paul Revere is probably the longest razor I own, and the "Original" is only slightly shorter than the Paul Revere. I also prefer lighter weight handles, which really puts the Paul Revere out in the cold. Before someone pings me an incredible offer for my Paul Revere, let me just say that it's not leaving the den. I was very much alive and engaged with the bi-centennial celebration (1976 for you young'uns) and living in the Bedford/Lexington/Concord areas of MA. So Mr. Revere holds a special place in my heart....plus it's a great shaver and while I prefer lighter and shorter razors, it's not like I'm shaving with a 200 pound 20 foot-long razor.

Now, I've been on a half-hearted hunt for the Schick Grip. I'm a tennis aficionado and that handle seems like it would be a winner for me on several fronts. The only reason it's a half-hearted search is because I've *mostly* shaken-off the RAD, and I'm not wanting to awaken the beast.

Top Bottom