What's new

What’s your favorite scent from TOBS, Truefitt & Hill, Geo trumper and D.R. Harris?

I’m looking to try a few shaving creams from These companies, Based on what I’ve gather so far these are the highly rated ones. What’s your number 1 favorite from each company?

TOBS: Mr Taylor
Truefitt and Hill: 1805
Geo F Trumper: coconut
DR Harris: Windsor

T&H: Apsley
GFT: Eucris
DRH: Windsor
TOBS: Shaving Shop

PS. Floris offers only one (but great) scent, i.e. No.89.
Absolutely I knew I left something out, for some rescans I can’t edit the post but floris 89 definitely deserves a spot on the list.

I’ve used all of the TOBS and DRH and made two separate posts about them with my opinions on all of them if you’d like to see exactly what I thought and how I rated the performance/scent etc.

From memory:
TOBS was Aloe Vera
DRH was Windsor.

I really didn’t like Mr. Taylor’s. I cannot recommend it.

Sir ceriano, you're doing an excellent exploratory!
All of their creams are nice, IMHO.
FWIW, here are my personal favs!

reco creams.jpg

So far I had a chance to try DR Harris Windsor, TOBS Mr. Taylor and Trumper's Eucris.

Out of the 3 I liked Windsor the most. I have sampled Terre D'Hermes before and I though it was ok but I really like Windsor. The citrus is not in your face like the dirty orange in TDH. It's more toned down. I probably order their aftershave too.

I wanted to love Eucris but I found it rather boring. It's predominately oakmoss and that's about it. Remind me of lexol leather cleaner and conditioner. otherwise it's a nice masculine scent. I prefer this one for winter.

Mr. Taylor was just ok. The scent was nothing special to me. Smells like an average bar soap. but for the price it was a decent performer.

Next I guess I'll try T&H 1805 and Arlington.

Taylor of Old Bond Street: Mr Taylor's
Geo. F. Trumper: Extract of Limes*
T&H: 1805
D.R. Harris: Windsor

*From Trumpers the Extract of Limes is my favourite shaving cream scent, but my overall favourite fragrance is the Astor Cologne.
I ordered the GFT today. It was $15 bucks in Walmart website. I’ll try the lime and coconut next.

TOBS: Shaving Shop; GFT: either Spanish Leather or Euclis, DR Harris: tie between Arlington and Windsor. T&H: I haven’t tried enough of their products to form an opinion though I’m curious about 1805 and Grafton.

Top Bottom