What's new

What's your favorite part of "wild" finds??

strop

Now half as wise
What's my favourite part of 'wild' 'finds'?

Hoping that ONE DAY I will beat that guy who was ALWAYS in the shop the week before and brought all their razors ...

His name is Sumgai. As in "Some guy was in here last week and bought all the razors I had."

Wow, that guy gets around.

I bought 2 razors in a little antique shop once, then went back the next week to see if they had any more, the same lady told me that some guy came in a week ago and bought all she had, she went on to say she had about 10 real nice ones. :001_unsur

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Wow, that guy gets around.

I bought 2 razors in a little antique shop once, then went back the next week to see if they had any more, the same lady told me that some guy came in a week ago and bought all she had, she went on to say she had about 10 real nice ones. :001_unsur
They always say that to get you to come back. They are so clever!!! Hahaha.

Trying to act cool and collected as I ask the woman to kindly open the doors so I can take a closer look at the cased Darwin inside.

KeenDogg

Trying to act cool and collected as I ask the woman to kindly open the doors so I can take a closer look at the cased Darwin inside.
[emoji15] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My only Garage Sale find is my most memorable. Older guy with lots of collectible stuff tells me some guy came last week and bought a few razors, but might have one left. He shows me a single ring, and I keep my poker face and tell him I'll take it while looking at other stuff he has. He tells me $5 and he'll throw in this brass shaving brush. Thinking I got a pretty good deal, in the car I inspect the razor, and it looks odd. Can't put my finger on it. Then it hits me....... It's a double ring! 1905
Or the time I was at the flea market and this vendor had bought a collection, and had a literal BAG of Fat Boys. I bought 3 on the spot with assorted other razors. This hobby is so much fun and you'll never know what you'll find.

Last edited:
My only Garage Sale find is my most memorable. Older guy with lots of collectible stuff tells me some guy came last week and bought a few razors, but might have one left. He shows me a single ring, and I keep my poker face and tell him I'll take it while looking at other stuff he has. He tells me $5 and he'll throw in this brass shaving brush. Thinking I got a pretty good deal, in the car I inspect the razor, and it looks odd. Can't put my finger on it. Then it hits me....... It's a double ring! 1905
Or the time I was at the flea market and this vendor had bought a collection, and had a literal BAG of Fat Boys. I bought 3 on the spot with assorted other razors. This hobby is so much fun and you'll never know what you'll find.
Um . . . what town do you live in?

KeenDogg

Bravo!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is what drives me. Great find and a great story that you'll always remember. Do you have a picture of the Double Ring as you found it?

This is what it looked like uncleaned

Attachments

• Double.jpg
    Double.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
I found a Merkur Futur in a thrift store once for $2.50.
Who ever had it first must have tired using it as a windows scraper. LOL
$SANY0011.jpg

I found an ABC Pocket for $5 in a shop... it was sitting inside an amour. I also got 3 fat boys and a slim for $6 each at another shop, then a cased slim at another... I'm totally with the guys who can barely hide the shakes as they pull out their wallet and fumble for cash.

I found an ABC Pocket for $5 in a shop... it was sitting inside an amour. I also got 3 fat boys and a slim for $6 each at another shop, then a cased slim at another... I'm totally with the guys who can barely hide the shakes as they pull out their wallet and fumble for cash.
Brother RockyMountain,

Just curious. What town do you live in? :001_smile

Last month I found a nice Sheraton marked $10. Even though I was excited, I kept a straight face and asked if they were at all negotiable? Got it for $7.

Top Bottom