What's new

What's your favorite non antiperspirant spray on deodorant?

I have been struggling to find a deodorant that does not cause me to break out.

I have found that I do pretty well with spray on deodorants but there are not very many out there that are not antiperspirants. Leaving me with axe and oldspice at my grocery stores.

Anyone have any recommendations on what to try next?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I have a couple that I like. The cheaper ones are the Brut and Stetson alcohol stick deoderants. These are super old school. There used to be a whole plethora of ones in this model, but they seem to have fallen out of favor.

The one I'm staying with for a while is the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements deoderant, Porthos. They have a lot of scent options. There is a bit of Alum far down on the ingredients list, but it mostly resembles one of those shea butter deodorants like the ones at Whole Foods. They sell for about $8 but it is worth it.

One I always meant to try was the Aramis 24 hour deodorant. It's about 20 bucks, so I never forked over the cash for it. But if it's anything like they're soap, I'm sure it's fantastic

I've been making my own using potassium alum that I grind into a powder and dissolve in distilled water.
1 tablespoon potassium alum powder dissolved in 4 ounces of distilled water. Once the alum is dissolved, pour the liquid into a small spray bottle.

I have a couple that I like. The cheaper ones are the Brut and Stetson alcohol stick deoderants. These are super old school. There used to be a whole plethora of ones in this model, but they seem to have fallen out of favor.

The one I'm staying with for a while is the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements deoderant, Porthos. They have a lot of scent options. There is a bit of Alum far down on the ingredients list, but it mostly resembles one of those shea butter deodorants like the ones at Whole Foods. They sell for about $8 but it is worth it.

One I always meant to try was the Aramis 24 hour deodorant. It's about 20 bucks, so I never forked over the cash for it. But if it's anything like they're soap, I'm sure it's fantastic
I have a few spray-on deodorants, and they don't seem to irritate my skin like some stick and roll-ons do. The Aramis 24 hour stuff is a winner, nice scent and protects well. The downer is the price, but since I wear Aramis aftershave and cologne sometimes, I accept the price as no big deal. Otherwise the sprays I have and use with no irritation issues are Right Guard Sport, Clubman and Brut. Like all of them. A few sticks that agree with my skin are Everyman Jack in Fresh and Cedarwood, Speed Stick Regular and Musk, and Old Spice Original High Endurance. Through the years I have tried numerous deodorants, trying to find ones that agreed with my skin, and some just ended up in the trash if they didn't. I think my group of eight or so deodorants do what I expect, giving a variety of scent to compliment my choice of aftershave or cologne.

I have the same problem with breaking out. My favorites are Right Guard original in the copper colored can. It pairs perfect with Gillette SunUp aftershave. But be careful because it has a rather strong scent, so it may overpower a lot of aftershaves. Number two is the aforementioned Brut stick, well...because it goes with Brut aftershave. Finally is the one non aerosol spray I like, Clubman Supreme. It goes great with almost all of the Clubman line. The only downside is that it can be hard to find in the store, so it must be ordered.

I just got the Clubman and it's nice but not my favorite smell, thank you all for the input, I have added a few to my try list!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I know you said a spray on type but this one works so good for me and it has a very nice scent. It does not irritate me at all and many do. Worth a try.

Dove.jpg

Right Guard Sport Aerosol works well. Not quite as long as Old Spice original deodorant stick, but for a spray it’s good. I keep one at work just in case. Reminds me of the 80’s!

I struggled for a long time to find something that would keep me dry and not stink later in the day that also doesn't have aluminum and other bad things in it. I tried Native Deodorant. Once my body got used to it, it was ok. But at $12 per "container" (not sure what you call those things) I wasn't liking it that much. I tried some others but finally ended up with Arm & Hammer Essentials Clean Juniper Berry. No bad stuff in it and it works very well and smells incredible. And the price is right at anywhere from $1.50 to $3.50.

image.png

Top Bottom