What's new

What's your favorite drug store aftershave?

I'm very intrigued by the Clubman Pinaud, but currently have enough AS to last me a great many years. And few excuses left for needing to buy more!

My vote goes to Stetson Cooling Moisture. It smells great, it's inexpensive, and it has the best post shave feel of any AS that I have used. The scent lasts a good while as well.

In Canada:
AV ice blue classic
AV ice sport -not av original sport. (my fav -milder than ice blue classic)
Adidas dynamic pulse -swmbo likes it.

Gosh this is a tough one as I love several of the old classics. If forced to choose I'd go with Aqua Velva with Skin Bracer being a very close second.

If you like vintage AV Classic try Blade from CVS. Smells like AV used to smell years ago. I like AV Classic, Skin Bracer and vintage Old Spice.

So glad I stumbled on this thread.:) Great suggestions here.;) I walked into a Dollar General and purchase some Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva just to try.:)

Skin Bracer is rather nice. I need to give AV a second try. Regarding Old Spice, the box has it labeled as a cologne, not an After Shave. Is there a difference? I haven't come across Clubman yet. Stetson, yes. Nivea is a good choice.:)

Old Spice does make separate aftershave and cologne. I think with the modern stuff, the cologne comes in a spray bottle. Between the two, the modern cologne probably smells better - I don't think it has castor oil in it like the after shave does. But it won't have the same effects as you would get from the aftershave - it may sting more, and probably won't offer much in the way of soothing and healing your skin.

So far, I'm giving Skin Bracer.a win over Aqua Velva. AV is good, but something about Skin Bracer that makes it stand out, more pronounced.

Try ARKO Ice Mint Aftershave Cologne and try ARKO Cooling Aftershave Cologne. They smell great and feel good on the face. I like the freezing cold feeling. Soothes my sensitive skin. Comes in a pretty big bottle too.

Top Bottom