What's new

What's your favorite brush for stick soaps?

OK, for those who use sticks, what type of brush do you prefer?

Boar?
Horse?
Synthetic?
Badger?
If badger, please specify type, silvertip, 3 band, 2 band, etc...

I've come to favor silvertip badgers and synthetics.

Most definitely a short lofted and small-ish brush. More often than not I travel with an Arko or Palmolive stick and Muhle STF V.2 turnback brush. The Omega 10066 and Semogue 610 also perform well.

I use sticks when I travel. Typically my choice is my Wee Scot, which is a great travel brush! :a14::a14:

Generally, my SOC Mistura (mixed badger/boar) is my choice with sticks. As Acmemfg said above, it is a "short lofted and small-ish brush." Today I tried my new Yaqi synthetic with my Tabac stick and it worked great also.

The only time I use shave sticks is when I travel and my travel brushes are a Muhle Silvertip Fibre Brush and/or a Rudy Vey with a Muhle synthetic knot.

Semogue SOC Boar Brush works great with soap sticks. My shorter lofted 1305, and 830 Boar brushes also work well.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I just use my normal everyday brush, my $2.00 avatar. The best two bucks that I have ever spent.

Anything in Simpson's Best grade works for me, I'm partial to the Colonel 2XL. My old B&B Essential boar works mighty fine too.

I like my muhle silvertip fibre v1 and Razorock Bruce for shave sticks.

It's the shave sticks that I'm not a fan of so don't use them often.

Top Bottom