What's new

What's your favorite bay rum aftershave

i know i talk a lot about bay rum, but that's because it's my favorite type of sent from the moment i first found it. my lady didn't like it at first, but she got used to it. :biggrin:

splash: gabels
balm: c.o bigelow

I'll kick things off with Pinaud. Of the four varieties of BR I've used this is the spiciest and tangiest. Settles into a great holidayesque fragrance that lasts most of the day.

A close second would be Masters. Just a bit softer and powderier. Still very nice.

A close third is SCS's BR w/ a twist of lime. Doesn't smell great at first, but as the day wears on it settles nicely. Spicy and citrusy all at once. Pretty good stuff once you give it some time.

anybody tried royall bay rhum?

Royall is my current favourite . . . However, it's a true bay rum, with very little spice, so it's a much shorter-lived scent than, say, Pinaud. More along the lines of Dominica (or SCS, for that matter).

St. John's. I have two bottles of the balm on the way here right now.

Short lived, but for that moment after you apply it, you're in heaven. I think the formula should be made illegal. It's expensive, and I keep going back for more.

Don

I guess someone should jump in and say Ogallala. I like the sweetness and the lack of cloviness (sic).

Where are people getting the St John's Balm?

Michelson's, from Caswell Massey. Be a bit careful, as CM has two lines of Bay Rum, w/ Michelson's being the better of the two.

I like Master's. It's inexpensive, available locally at any Sally Beauty, and lasts a good while.

But I've never tried any other brand. Although I plan on picking up a bottle of Pinaud.

The Dominica Bay Rum (Lime version) is excellent (the brown glass bottle with the cork stopper and green label). No clove scent, just bay rum and lime. Fantastic.

I'll kick things off with Pinaud. Of the four varieties of BR I've used this is the spiciest and tangiest. Settles into a great holidayesque fragrance that lasts most of the day.

A close second would be Masters. Just a bit softer and powderier. Still very nice...

Good observation!

Pinaud has more of a spice kick and burns when you put it on.

Masters is softer yet holds it smell.

Both are great. Just depends on your mood.

David

Top Bottom