• Reflection

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Epic

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other or not a fan

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the title says. What's your favorite and why? I've had a chance to sample quite a few and I've narrowed it down to 3 I'd like decants of and 2 that are full bottle worthy.

Still, fragrances are very personal and I enjoy reading others thoughts on them.

As the title says. What's your favorite and why? I've had a chance to sample quite a few and I've narrowed it down to 3 I'd like decants of and 2 that are full bottle worthy.

Still, fragrances are very personal and I enjoy reading others thoughts on them.
I only have Jubilation XXV and Reflection and love both but my favourite is Reflection.

Same vibe as Le Male but different. More soft, floral and lasts all day. I absolutely love it and it comes out of the incense woody genre usually made by Amouage.
Besides I think it is an all year fragrance

I only have Jubilation XXV and Reflection and love both but my favourite is Reflection.

Same vibe as Le Male but different. More soft, floral and lasts all day. I absolutely love it and it comes out of the incense woody genre usually made by Amouage.
Besides I think it is an all year fragrance

I see no votes for reflection :001_tongu

I have bottles of Jubilation XXV and Reflection Man, and those are my two favorites. I have small decants of most of the others, and honorable mentions go to Dia and Lyric. I know a lot of guys like Interlude, but it is just too much for me.

I have bottles of Jubilation XXV and Reflection Man, and those are my two favorites. I have small decants of most of the others, and honorable mentions go to Dia and Lyric. I know a lot of guys like Interlude, but it is just too much for me.

Interlude is indeed a beast. The 3 I mentioned getting decants of are Interlude: a heavy decadent incense that lasts forever and overpowers everything in the area. Jubilation XXV: a very complex and ever changing perfume with good performance and very good blackberry notes. Epic: of these 3 I think the most versatile scent. Masculine, peppery and woody.

For full bottles I was considering the herbal freshness of Memoir, but it's longevity is rather poor on my skin so I'm going to pass.
In it's place goes Honour, in the same vein as Epic but not quite as brash and loud.

Last but my favorite is Beloved. A pretty unique soft, sweet almost amber like scent.

Lyric is indeed a very good rose scent, but I can't see myself wearing it much. I haven't had the chance to try Dia, Reflection, Journey or the Opus line and many people like those. Or any of the attars or less mentioned scents.

Dishonorable mentions go to Gold, a very civety animalic bomb kind of like YSL Kouros. Not my thing at all.
Also Fate, an all out cumin bomb. Blech.

Amouage, what a powerhouse of frags!

I have a (tester) bottle of Interlude and bargain box of men's samples.

Perhaps my favs are JubilationXXV, Interlude and Epic.

But all have similar musky, strong characteristics.

Use, enjoy, but with caution!

amouage.jpg

Amouage, what a powerhouse of frags!

I have a (tester) bottle of Interlude and bargain box of men's samples.

Perhaps my favs are JubilationXXV, Interlude and Epic.

But all have similar musky, strong characteristics.

Use, enjoy, but with caution!

View attachment 800904

Yeah. Amouage really like their incense note. Almost like a signature for them as so many frags have it.

Jubilation XXV is one of my top 5 frags, not just Amouage (and it pairs perfectly to Nuavia Rossa!)

Honorable mention to Epic Man. Great scent I just haven't gottem around to getting a bottle

I've tried a number of these frag samples, and have had no luck. Some simply disappear on me. I get zero fragrance. Others have had a heavy oregano note that simply kills a frag for me. I like the incense note many display, but it's not enough to make me buy a full bottle of any of them.

I've tried a number of these frag samples, and have had no luck. Some simply disappear on me. I get zero fragrance. Others have had a heavy oregano note that simply kills a frag for me. I like the incense note many display, but it's not enough to make me buy a full bottle of any of them.
Have you tried interlude? If you have and it didn't last I'd be inclined to wonder if you had a bad sample. I consider my nose pretty weak and a single dab of interlude on my collar was so overwhelming and persistent it made me nauseous.

That shirt still was powerfully emitting amouage when I went to wash it 4 days later.

Because they are niche. I love them

I haven't delved into the niche market too much because I don't want to burn a hole through my bank account.
I haven't gone much deeper than Creed, Tom Ford and Amouage. I want to get bottles and decants of my favorites from these houses and do my best to pretend the other houses don't exist.

I have a bottle of Jubilation XXV which I really enjoy. it's in my top 5 winter scents and in the top 12 of my entire collection of niche brands. I have most of the others from this house in samples or decants and I'd have to give honorable mention to Opus 5 and 7 along with Memoir. FYI I don't wear any of these in hot weather.

I have a bottle of Jubilation XXV which I really enjoy. it's in my top 5 winter scents and in the top 12 of my entire collection of niche brands. I have most of the others from this house in samples or decants and I'd have to give honorable mention to Opus 5 and 7 along with Memoir. FYI I don't wear any of these in hot weather.

I made the mistake of wearing TF Oud Wood in the heat yesterday. My wife said it smelled great, but I was picking up an almost fecal note I haven't smelled from it before.
Glad it still didn't project too much when I went to the grocery store.

I made the mistake of wearing TF Oud Wood in the heat yesterday. My wife said it smelled great, but I was picking up an almost fecal note I haven't smelled from it before.
Glad it still didn't project too much when I went to the grocery store.

Yes I know exactly what you're talking about with the TF oud wood and a lot more I have. That's why I pretty much stay away from all my oud, leathers, woods, incense type scents colognes in the warm weather. Go to Dubai and you smell these types of scents are all over the place. I have no clue how some people who live in desert heat can wear them.

Yes I know exactly what you're talking about with the TF oud wood and a lot more I have. That's why I pretty much stay away from all my oud, leathers, woods, incense type scents colognes in the warm weather. Go to Dubai and you smell these types of scents are all over the place. I have no clue how some people who live in desert heat can wear them.

I should be getting a 4oz bottle of Creed SMW for my birthday in a couple weeks. That is one of my favorite warm weather frags. Now I have Chanel de Bleu and Allure Homme Blanche. As well as Aventus and Dunhill Icon I can use for the summer.
I really want to like Dunhill Icon, got it for a great price, love the scent and the bottle is fantastic.
But I find the performance of it really poor. I'm talking longevity on par with Lucky Tiger AS which is fleeting by design.

I've got one sample of amouage opus V, interesting floral / fruitiness / woody scent and it lasts 8 hours wtihout any problem

Top Bottom