What's new

What's your favorite aftershave lotion? Not a splash but something that goes on like lotion.

Am I the only one who uses RedOne ? It comes in 400ml pump bottles and has nice smells. The blue bottle smells similar to Chanel Bleu de Chanel. Orange bottle a little like Invictus. Gold bottle like One Million.
I also have Nivea Sensitive Balm which I use if the shave was a bit too close for my liking. I find the Nivea is half the normal price when bought from bargain shops - in UK that's Home Bargains and B&M Stores.

My favorite is Moon soaps aftershave balm. Not to runny, not to thick, it's just right. Absorbs super quick and leaves skin feeling great. The scents are amazing too.
old_school_1_400x.png

Sorry if someone already noted this one, but if you can find a Lidl grocery store nearby, their "Allman" balm is nice, especially for $3!!!

OK, I have read all of the posts so far. I haven't seen "Gillette After Shave Lotion" mentioned yet. I am currently using this and like the scent a lot. It is a lotion, but not as thick as Nivea or CeraVe. It adsorbs quickly and completely, leaving my skin soft. Of course your experience might not be the same as mine, but at $2 for 2.5 oz it might be worth a try.

I've only bought a few balms so far, but would buy Leviathan as soon as the Canadian reseller restocks it. Looking forward to exploring more based on some of the suggestions here.

Although I use splashes the most, I gravitate to Proraso aftershave balm when the mood or need suits. Not quite a lotion but close enough for this discussion.

I really like Trumper’s Sandalwood Skin Food. Weird name, but it’s glycerin based, so no sting (that’s what the alum block is for :). I’m thinking of trying Spieck next.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I used to use Nivea Sensitive balm then I saw this

20220105_101307.jpg

Its a bit lighter than Nivea Sensitive but a third of a pump does your whole face its none greasy and very little scent only cost me £6 and change. To me the post shave feel is more cooling than the Sensitive +a better face feel

Hi,

I use actual skin lotion: Lubriderm. Scentless though.

Stan
I use body lotion too. It was Cerave moisturizing cream, but the pump broke. (I’ll save the finger dipping products for places other than my freshly shaved face) Now it’s Vanicream, that I got for Xmas. In the past I’ve also used Cetaphil, Nivea, Lubriderm, Kiehl’s, and Gold Bond products.

Last edited:
I sure love my Endymion aftershave lotion. It feels super luxurious, so I don’t use it often. I love it before I go for a night out with the wife. She seems to like it as well 😎

Top Bottom