What's new

What's your favorite 1-2 punch for shaving cream and aftershave?

I really like C&E's Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream followed by Baxter of California aftershave. I leave the house and I can't stop smiling.

So what makes you happy for your 1-2 punch?

#1. COFFEE!
#2. Shave
:lol: but seriously, I need my coffee before I can perform a proper shave in th morning.
Cheers, DJ.

Hmmm.... I am more a fan of soaps VS creams, but cest la vie.....

1.) Salter Mint
2.) L'occitane CADE A/S Splash followed by CADE Shea Butter balm.

While the weather's hot:
Proraso Sapone da Barba
Proraso ASB

Normally:
Trumper's Coconut
Trumper's Limes skin food
I used this combo this morning.

Hate to be predictable, but I would have to say CADE shave soap followed by CADE balm. Two hits of L'Occitane goodness.

My favorite 1-2 punch....

Hot weather:
Trumper's Rose soap
DR Harris Pink a/s

Cold weather:
Trumper's Sandalwood cream
CAR peppermint balm

I think creams/balms work better in the colder weather where the air is drier and the soaps/splashes work best in the warm and hotter weather.

YMMV.

Patrick

Summer: C&E Sienna shave soap, Trumper's Limes Skin Food
Winter: Arran Aromatics Vetiver shave cream, CAR Hydrolast Conditioner

I've smelled the L'occitane in the store and I'm not sure it's something I would get for myself but I might try if someone got it for me. I guess I'll have to take the plunge and just get it for myself one of these days. It smells very clean to me.

Thanks for the all the posts you guys. Definitely given me some combinations to look out for in the future. So many great options!

Taylors Rose Shaving Cream...Thayers Rose WH...Trumper Coral Skin Food...or is it Cade Shave Soap and Cade ASB...or maybe C&E Sandlewood Soap and C&E Sandlewood ASB...I guess it just matters what kind of mood you are in...

Today's combo plate:

T&H Rose shaving cream followed by Nutrogena Post Shave Lotion(this stuff really works for me) and a touch of Hugh Parsons fragance

Tomorrow:

T&H 1805 shaving cream followed by the same moisturizer and a touch of T&H 1805 fragance.

summer: Toms of Maine or Proraso followed by Proraso pre/post--what else?:biggrin:

winter: C&E Sweet Almond Oil followed by CAR peppermint ASB

GFT Limes shaving cream
GFT Limes skin food
(usually followed by T&H West Indies Lime A/S balm)

What can I say--I'm a nut for limes. :001_smile

Cigar Dan said:
GFT Limes shaving cream
GFT Limes skin food
(usually followed by T&H West Indies Lime A/S balm)

What can I say--I'm a nut for limes. :001_smile

Yeah, completely understandable, I started off with Limes and it grew from there.

Scorpio said:
Today's combo plate:

T&H Rose shaving cream followed by Nutrogena Post Shave Lotion(this stuff really works for me) and a touch of Hugh Parsons fragance

Tomorrow:

T&H 1805 shaving cream followed by the same moisturizer and a touch of T&H 1805 fragance.

I really like the Nutrogana post-shave lotion as well.

pre-shave: Proraso or Taylor's Lavender.

I haven't had a chance to try any of the "nice" stuff so right now it would have to be Neutrogena Razor Defense and Stetson w/Aloe.

Top Bottom