What's new

What's your fast, no effort shave?

A single ATG pass with a Gem was my go to when I needed to worry about it. Sometimes in the shower.

I don’t rush anymore

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Just a regular shave for me. Whatever soap or cream happens to be in the bathroom, and my default Edwin Jagger DE3D14 razor. It's rare for a shave to take me longer than five minutes, and I can be done in under three if I need to.

Most brainless shave for me

Rockwell 6s (plate 6 and 4)
Nacet (preferably 2nd shave)
Tabac stick
Yaqi synthetic

Actually I use this setup all the time. Only variable is the soap :D but easiest one is definitely Tabac

Quickly wash with warm soapy water. Rinse. Do it twice, leaving the face wet.
Use Cremo or similar slick no-brush product.
Use a medium aggression DE with a fresh blade, doing WTG and ATG passes.
Quickly rinse with cool water (don't forget to clean the soap from the ears!).
A splash of Mennen Skin Bracer, and I'm outta here!

This was a very interesting and educational question. Thanks for the opportunity to think, to share, and to receive.

In the shower:
grind Ivory soap into my razor stubble,
brush my teeth,
rinse off my face and resoap it,
wash the rest of myself,
rinse off my face and resoap it,
shave with a 1940's style Gillette Super Speed with a Shark Super Chrome blade.

Then get out of the shower, dry off and splash on the aftershave.

Gillette Tech pre-war model + fat handle
Feather blade
Semogue 620 boar brush
Haslinger Schafmilch soap, as stick
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya

1. no prep, just wet face
2. brush not soaked just quick under water
3. Tabac 5 second loading, face lather
4. 1 pass with fatboy with Nacet on low setting
5. AS in face, no alum or anything else

done in 5 min

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
2-minute shower shave using Trader Joe’s Mango shaving cream (tube) and Dorco 5-blade cartridge. Passable and safe, but can’t compare to a 10-minute DE shave at the wash basin.

Proraso Red from a tube. Can whip it up pretty fast with any brush, most likely a Yaqi synthetic, in my little copper bowl, or if I have to, I can palm lather it pretty fast without the brush. Then just a quick one or two pass with whatever DE has a newish blade in it. I keep a small spray bottle of Pinaud Clubman in my car and at work, so if I need to rush, I can apply it either in the car or at work.

I find shaving cream from a tube with a synthetic brush to be a pretty fast way to go. A shave stick is also quite fast and trouble free.

After today's quick 24-hour beard shave with the Merkur Progress set to its mildest level and with TOBS Peppermint cream, I'm inclined to think the Progress is a good way to go about "fast, no effort."

My fastest DFS so far:
Cremo menthol
Rockwell 6S,R2
Feather blade
Australian Body care AS balm
---
8 minutes including cleaning the gear. Will post again once I purchase a shaving gel.

I get around 10 minutes if I apply by hand a (non-brushless) Proraso cream and even longer when using a brush. The brush loading and cleaning is the longest part IME.

I'm not surprised this thread gets far fewer responses than the SOTD, BBS or DFS threads. Those of us on time constraints are a minority in this forum, for better or worse.
There are a number of related threads though, fragmentation maybe?

lasta

Blade Biter
Noxzema, or any other face wash with Gillette Slim dialed down to 6. North-South, then South-North, don't care about hair growth. Or 1 pass with the R41.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Barbasol in a can, Used to be a Gillette Tech now a Henson AL13 Mild, 2 pass with and across the grain, socially acceptable shave in 5 minutes. Boring and not pleasurable at all.

Top Bottom