What's new

What's your fast, no effort shave?

This.
The Ti Blackbird is the most intuitive razor I’ve used so far.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So far (could change tomorrow):

Nivea Men Sensitive shave cream, Semogue 830, NDC SuperSpeed, Derby Extra, WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

All the stuff I know best.

1. Henson Aluminum Medium Razor, any blade. Doesn't seem to matter with the Henson.
2. Crown Shaving Cream. Brush doesn't matter with Crown.

a no brainer fast shave where one would have to be acting crazy to nick or cut yourself.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I would prefer to go unshaven than to shave quickly.

If I really had to shave quickly I would use a RazoRock Hawk V3 and shave at my normal pace.

To get done sooner I could go with a 1 or 2 pass shave and still have an extremely close shave.

Most likely, somewhere in the middle of my first pass I would change my mind and just to a full 3 pass shave and deal with the consequences.

I showed my set-up for a fast trouble free shave but I didn't say what they were. In case someone wants to know:
The razor is an ATT Aluminum Windsor Pro with a Personna blade, Lab blue.
RazoRock B.B. brush. Pereira's shave bowl. And a really great soap that is easy to whip up, Erasmic cream.
I get a great fast shave.
ATT Windsor Pro5.JPG

Some days I know I need a shave but I may be in a hurry for time or I just don't feel like shaving but out of necessity I feel I have to. So on those days I want to use something fast and with little effort.
For me the easiest is to use a cream soap with a synthetic brush in a bowl. I believe I get my fastest shaves with this set-up.
How about you.? When you want a fast easy shave what do you reach for?
Here is my fast effortless shave.

View attachment 1260498
I’m new to this. What razor is that in the pic?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Wolfman WR2 in 1.15 is about as effortless as it gets. Amazingly smooth and massively efficient. I think I’d have to work pretty hard to cut myself or cause irritation with that one. I could probably shave one pass and be ready for the day. But why? I always do a three pass shave. Only takes a few extra minutes for the full routine. And the face feel is divine.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I showed my set-up for a fast trouble free shave but I didn't say what they were. In case someone wants to know:
The razor is an ATT Aluminum Windsor Pro with a Personna blade, Lab blue.
RazoRock B.B. brush. Pereira's shave bowl. And a really great soap that is easy to whip up, Erasmic cream.
I get a great fast shave.
View attachment 1260707

How do you like that Big bruce? Is it the same knot as in the paa atomic rocket?

If I need a quick shave and don‘t have time for a brush and lather, I have some Mento’s shave gel. (Just comes in a squeeze bottle and is used by barbers. Smells great.)

It’s just a thin gel. Wet face, rub on face, shave.

It works quite well and claims to prevent ingrowns. Nowhere near as fulfilling as a full shave, but it does the trick in a pinch.

Top Bottom