What's new

What's your fast, no effort shave?

Some days I know I need a shave but I may be in a hurry for time or I just don't feel like shaving but out of necessity I feel I have to. So on those days I want to use something fast and with little effort.
For me the easiest is to use a cream soap with a synthetic brush in a bowl. I believe I get my fastest shaves with this set-up.
How about you.? When you want a fast easy shave what do you reach for?
Here is my fast effortless shave.

ATT Windsor Pro5.JPG

Last edited:
ARKO face lathered with a synthetic brush. 2 pass WTG/ATG with Blackland Razors Vector SB paired with Kai ProTouch MG (or Feather ProGuard). Quick finish with Witch Hazel and AS splash. Guaranteed DFS in less than 10 minutes. I’ll have the best shaven face I see all day, unless I run into a Badger & Blade brother who had plenty of time.

I have the DLC Lupo, RR WTP Soap, RR synthetic brush and some skin bracer in my locker at work. Makes for a very quick turn around if needed.

Quick and easy?

1. Gillette Pure cream applied by hand.

2. Charcoal Goods LVL 1 with Wizamet SI for 2 passes.

3. Rinse and apply AS of choice.

4. Congratulate myself on a job done well and quickly.

If I had to pick a combo (I guess that's the whole purpose of this post! :biggrin1:), it would be a 1940's style Gillette Super Speed, a Feather blade, a tube of Proraso, and a synthetic brush. Not counting clean-up time, I'd probably be done in less than 5 minutes.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Elegance Plus gel . . . and whatever razor and blade are up in my rotation. Takes less than ten minutes to wet my face, gel up, shave WTG . . . then repeat ATG. Rinse, apply CeraVe Moisturizer and I'm off.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’ve never even considered shaving fast with a SR, so that’s out. Likely reach for my Super Speed, Tabac, Omega boar.

Arko lathered by hand (no brush) and a Game Changer .68 for a 3 pass shave. Usually takes around 3 mins from lather to rinse and brings me close enough to BBS for government work. 😋

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Same shave every time...face lather and three passes. I can do it in five minutes or stretch it to eight. I usually land in the middle.

Top Bottom