What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Nice, I'l have to check if my fave Vietnam cafe here in Oslo have that.
I'm there at least twice a month for their fantastic Pho, which I got addicted to last year. :)

I don't remember the brand of coffee I had this morning, as I always transfer the beans into an airtight container I have , then throw away the bag. But it was good stuff.

Made with a Hario V60, which I love.

Yea - I love the Hario stuff! I use a V60 about half the time :thumbup1:

Oh yes it is :thumbup:

My wife is Vietnamese and I've been lucky enough to visit Vietnam several times.
Their strong, iced (or hot) coffee with condensed milk is very addictive.
Especially with a nice hot spicy bowl of Pho!!

You mean like this? Not quite Pho, special wanton but the Ca Phe Sua Da hit the spot during the heatwave. I actually like the Ca Phe Sua Da that's made at the table with the phin filter where you wait for it to drip and then stir in the condensed milk and pour over the ice, but this pre-made blended one was pretty tasty. It's been a while, but I've got the phin filters for making these and I found that the lids they sell to cover dog food cans works pretty well to cover the condensed milk after you open it.

$Ca Phe.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I got called out to the local hilltop to change out a card in a fiber multiplexer so I opened the bag of Populace Coffee Ethiopia Guji that I picked up along with their Bolivia coffee for $5 / ~half pound when they were celebrating their 5 year anniversary and put 18 grams of ground coffee in my Impress / Presse brew mug and filled it up thee-quarters full from the hot water tap of my water cooler as I was going out the door. This brew mug keeps the coffee hot for hours, good for me as I was out until three am this morning since I needed to pick up and return spares before and after going up the hill to the site.

Slept in a bit this morning and my Wife asked me to take my daughter to the tutor, so I did the same trick again this morning to bring along a nice cup of coffee with me. Had a Gurkha Legends Maduro cigar at the park which paired well with the coffee while waiting for her to be done. The brew mug is to the left of my water container and has in inner sleeve and a fine metal filter that presses the grounds to the bottom and effectively stops the extraction allowing you to brew on the go and enjoy your coffee for hours.

View attachment 577531

I enjoyed that same wonderful cigar last night. Good to see guys still using punches.

Had a busy morning today with no time for my usual chemex, so i opted for a cortado instead. Nice morning-cup! Will certainly try it more often!

Honey processed Mexican. Nice stuff. Brewed in the commercial Bunn.

Going to break out the hottop for a final roast before putting it away long term. I'm so satisfied with the SF-1 that I have not fired the hottop up in months. Spent last evening getting it cleaned up and all of the external components dialed in so that if it comes out again I won't have to re-invent the wheel to get started.

Not sure what I will roast for it's final voyage.... Got some really nice Yemen that would be nice to drink once again..... I've been roasting a lot of centeral american beans lately and feel the need to get back into some of my stash of African.

Actually today I treated myself to some Wallenford Jamaica Blue Mountain that I roasted with my Behmor 1600 Plus. Brewed it with the Brazen Plus.

The usual.....Coffee Bean Direct Italian Roast Espresso in the Saeco Super Automatic......macchiato for me, latte for the wife.

Top Bottom