What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Le Colombe Roma Blend Espresso in the R58.

$New_Batali_RomaWeb_1024x1024.jpg

Ethiopia Gedeo Worka as espresso and a blend of Costa Rican Tarrazu/Ethiopian Gedeo Worka/Mysore Nuggets as Pourover. The blend was just roasted yesterday and I was curious what it would be like. Has promise.

I really enjoyed this article, in part because I know the barista, Lorenzo. I had the opportunity to take one of his day long barista classes at Cuvée. He's a great guy who really knows coffee.

Was the class worth it? There are some out here as well and I've been thinking about taking one.

Was the class worth it? There are some out here as well and I've been thinking about taking one.

100% worth it. My wife signed me up as a birthday gift, but I'd have taken the class if she hadn't arranged it for me. After several years learning the craft on a manual lever machine at home, it was a blast pulling shots and steaming milk on professional gear, learning from a pro.

https://cuveecoffee.com/labs/

I'm thinking about going back for the intermediate course and the milk science lab.

One drawback to a course like this: it inspires a coffee gear acquisition disorder.

Tim Hortons course grind on my Cabellas 12 cup stove top percolator. I'm a self proclaimed master at the 6 cup, and I think today I nailed the 8 cup amount. Only the 10 and 12 left to figure out!

Top Bottom