What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

My understanding is that there is a boiler filled with water with these machines. If you don't use the machine over the weekend do you put through a batch of water without grounds to get rid of the stale water?

If I leave it set for an extended period I will run 2 full 72oz of water through to flush. The boiler is 1.5 times the size of the end brew so 2 through will exchange all in the boiler.

The machine does not need to be turned on to do this. There is no pump. The inflow displaces and forces the hot water to the brew head. Just make sure the basket and carafe is on the machine before you start otherwise it can make a real mess (no way to stop it once it starts... Don't ask.. it wasn't pretty).

Finally got a job at a local roasters and been pulling shot of this $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423314918.034304.jpg with my new machine $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423314939.038488.jpg

NICE!!!!

Congrats on your new job!!!!!

Today's cuppa is a blend of my Mocha Java blend with what was left of the Espresso Workshop #27 in the Super Jolly hopper.

Two super cups of Americano with another one to be pulled a little later on this morning (leaving the Pasquini on)....

It was just TOO NICE to stop at 2 cups each this morning and even SWMBO said to leave the Pasquini on for another cup which she NEVER says so you know it was a great cup of coffee this morning :yesnod:

proxy.php

Ethiopian Sidamo Guji DP blended with Indian Seethagurundi for the first cup and then Ethiopian Gedeo Worka for the second. All via chemex.

Congrats Matt. Such a nice looking setup and "winter light" coffee you have there. I hope to learn a thing or two from you about coffee roasting and brewing.

My coffee today was some Brazilian brewed in the Presso. It was good but not great.

Just picked up a bag of Ruta Maya organic dark roast whole beans from Costco. http://rutamaya.net/about Running it through my Bonavista ST1900.

My wife doesn't like coffee as strong as I do, so this one is a good compromise... almost strong enough for me, but lacks any acidity or bitterness so she likes it. I may need to try their Expresso roast if I ever see it.

My favorite is still Seattle's Best Dark Intense... but that's a bit too strong for SWMBO. SB says their Dark Intense is really a traditional French Roast.

More mocha java in the bunn commercial. I need to roast again today or tomorrow and I may just do another batch of the Eth+Sumat and blend them post roast like I did the last batch.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Ethiopian Yirgachaffe in the Chemex!
1st time in a couple of weeks.
Oh so delicious!!!

Top Bottom