What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
All input helps.

I think the message is that I have to figure out my own oz of coffee and grind to use with an amount of water and the brew time should be 3 to 4 minutes. Then there is the additional . . . by the way, what you figure out will need to be adjusted for the next bag of beans.

Get close with science and closer with art.

All input helps.

I think the message is that I have to figure out my own oz of coffee and grind to use with an amount of water and the brew time should be 3 to 4 minutes. Then there is the additional . . . by the way, what you figure out will need to be adjusted for the next bag of beans.

Get close with science and closer with art.

Intelligentsia has a pretty nice brew guide for French Press. They give a good starting point for the water/beans ratio for several different amounts of coffee.

http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/sites/default/files/brew_guides/2014_FrenchPress_BrewGuide.pdf

Philz Coffee Tesora.

I us a Tiamo K02 stainless steel dripper which is a Kalita wave 185 knockoff at 2/3rd the price. I find what works best for my taste buds is a find grind like and expresso and I weigh my water and coffee. My brother in law who has a Kalita 185 got me started with pour over he tends to just eyeball the amount of water and coffee grinds which to me would not lead to a consistent cup of coffee.

Should add that my progression was from the Clever Coffee Drip then Aeropress and now the Tiamo K02 pour over system.

Last edited:
4 scoops of Folgers blended with 1 scoop of Java Time (Sumatran) in the commercial Bunn

No doubt about it.... I gotta roast some beans PRONTO.....

I had whatever they use at church in a larger percolator that was not working when I got there. I now don't need to buy one since I know how it works and what kind of coffee it makes! I may need to start volunteering at the coffee bar though...They have no idea what they are missing with a good quality fresh ground coffee

Sweet Maria's Monkey Espresso blend (70%) roasted city + mixed with some Mexican Chiapas city roasted (30%) Pulled in the Pasquini as Americanos. Life is good this mornning :yesnod:

proxy.php

Finished up the Trader's Joes "Joe" (dated 12/22/2015R) in a pour-over. A nice coffee for the price. I had been brewing at 205 F in a ceramic brewer, but found it tasted better when the temperature was raised a little.

It is looking like the Pasquini is going to get some use this week. Blended all of the city roasted Mexican into the Sweet Maria's Monkey blend espresso which I roasted a tad dark (can we say smoke'in)

proxy.php

Finished up the Trader's Joes "Joe" (dated 12/22/2015R) in a pour-over. A nice coffee for the price.
My wife and I enjoy TJ coffee. We're partial to Italian Roast and French Roast Decaf; we do a 1/2 & 1/2 mix.

Today, though, we drank Pete's French Roast...again a 1/2 & 1/2 blend of caffeinated and decaf.

made 2 (each) Americanos this morning with my fresh roasted Monkey + Mex blend.

Another perfect pull. Another perfect cuppa $machinecaffee.gif

Will be out roasting again today but not decided WHAT to choose. It's just like shaving. Takes longer to decide WHAT to use than it does to get the job done.

proxy.php

Top Bottom