What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Greek coffee:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Finally got SWMBO out of the Bunn. She sort of got "Bun-a-fied" while I was away for a month. I set up one of the grinders to dispense 32grams of grounds (from all 3 settings so she could not get confused). That and 48 oz of water in the Bunn makes 4-5 cups of perfect coffee. So much so that she has not let me make any different brew since I've been home.

Well today I had the Chemex out before she could complain and using the same ratio of grounds to water made a KILLER pot of the local roaster's 3 bean Xmas blend. SWMBO even commented that the Chemex DOES make a different cup of coffee from what the Bunn turns out. The commercial Bunn is no slouch but there is something about the Chemex filters that make a smoother cup of coffee.

proxy.php

I have had 2 types today (new coffee maker for christmas), first was fresh ground Ethiopian of some sort. Not sure what kind since it was given as a wedding favor. The second was an Italian blend from a local coffee shop. I'm new at this gourmet coffee thing so give me some time to figure out what everything is called :blink:

Sumatra Mandheling in French press, yet another great brew. Loving this bean and love getting fresh roasts from this company. Haven't has a roast yet I've not liked. Can't wait to finish my house so I can start roasting myself though.

I believe it was last year (or maybe 2012) They were voted in the top 25 specialty coffee roasters in the US.

Nice folks that really enjoy and know what they are doing when it comes to sourcing and roasting some fine coffee. I buy most of my green/un-roasted coffee from them

They use a San Franciscan 25 lb batch roaster. Here is a pic of Dave next to his San Franciscan

proxy.php

I just brewed a 2 cup Bodum press of their 3 bean xmas blend. If you have not got in on this seasonal roast/blend DO IT.... Very nice it is http://shenandoahjoe.com/news.html

proxy.php

I am fortunate enough to have a handful of very good local roasters here in Chicago I float around too. I grind at home and use a French press. Partial to a darker roast

I believe it was last year (or maybe 2012) They were voted in the top 25 specialty coffee roasters in the US.

Nice folks that really enjoy and know what they are doing when it comes to sourcing and roasting some fine coffee. I buy most of my green/un-roasted coffee from them

They use a San Franciscan 25 lb batch roaster. Here is a pic of Dave next to his San Franciscan

proxy.php

I just brewed a 2 cup Bodum press of their 3 bean xmas blend. If you have not got in on this seasonal roast/blend DO IT.... Very nice it is http://shenandoahjoe.com/news.html

proxy.php
Just ordered some, I have a bag of Javatra that's hasn't been opened yet roasted 12/16 so I'm going to have to drink a lot of coffee next few days while it's still fresh so I can Crack into the 3 bean. Thanks for the tip, I didn't even see that on there a couple weeks ago when I ordered.

I'm going green today!

Kuma Coffee Konga. Medium-light roast from Washington. (Just discovered I can get it locally at the coffee shop shop near my old office...)

[Edit to add method, oops!] 19g Medium fine grind between espresso and drip, quick 20 second steep in AeroPress for 10oz cup.

P.S. OMG B&B has a coffee and tea forum. Now I really am going to have to lock away my credit cards... As if specialty shaving gear wasn't bad enough...

P.P.S. Hi, everyone over here in the Cafe subforum!

Last edited:
Inherited my father in laws old Starbucks Italia Digital blah blah blah. Long story short I've been trying to prime it all morning with no success, I think it's just sat for too long and is clogged.
So I'm enjoying shots of illy in the old Sbux Saeco

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 80
Dunkin Donuts plain in a fill your own kcup. Best yet from the keurig. Most prepackaged k cups taste burnt, acidic, or just plain NASTY. I may have found my combo for it.

Top Bottom