What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

I am up at the cabin this morning and decided to go the classis route so I made a pot of cowboy coffee with plain old Folgers. I have a cast iron wood burning stove with a fire going this morning, so I threw 10 teaspoons of coffee in an old porcelain pot with about 10 cups of cold water. Let it sit on the wood stove until it started boiling. I made a couple omelets this morning so I saved the egg shells and dropped those in the coffee to soak up some of the acidity. The guys are out on the lake doing a little ice fishing and I am sitting back in the cabin keeping the fire going, surfing the net, and enjoying some old school coffee.

I'm having a cup of Salt Spring Coffee's West Coast blend, done in a French Press with just a touch of skim milk. Thats my day to day grind but my favorite is Continnental Coffee's espresso roast.

Sbux French Roast in Bialetti

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 48
I am up at the cabin this morning and decided to go the classis route so I made a pot of cowboy coffee with plain old Folgers. I have a cast iron wood burning stove with a fire going this morning, so I threw 10 teaspoons of coffee in an old porcelain pot with about 10 cups of cold water. Let it sit on the wood stove until it started boiling. I made a couple omelets this morning so I saved the egg shells and dropped those in the coffee to soak up some of the acidity. The guys are out on the lake doing a little ice fishing and I am sitting back in the cabin keeping the fire going, surfing the net, and enjoying some old school coffee.
Great story.

I drank instant coffee this morning, and it was better than I expected.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe in a French Press--earlier today

Right now just before bed--Sumatra Mandheling in the French Press

McDonald's ground coffee in my Cuisinart percolator. Also in my cupboard is Starbuck's Kati Kati and Nabob Breakfast Blend.

Top Bottom