What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

I picked up a jar of instant coffee called Clover Valley at Dollar General last night. This is their house brand. I needed coffee for the morning and this place is a convenient stop on the way home. CV was the cheapest they had. $4.45 for an 8oz jar. At least its a real glass jar. Made in Mexico.

Its pretty bad. I've drank a lot of instant coffee in my life, but this stuff really takes the cake. I made a 16oz cup at home, and another 16oz to take to work with me. I put in my normal 2 Tbsp. of coffee, a dash of Turbinado sugar, poured the hot water in and stirred, topped it off with about 2 oz. of milk. The coffee was practically tasteless, but it got me through the day.

I'll try 3 Tbsp. of coffee tomorrow and see if that kicks it up a notch, but I'm not holding my breath. An 8oz. jar is normally enough to last me 2 weeks, but I doubt I'll go beyond Thursday before I replace it with my regular brand, 8oz. of Beumont instant that I get at Aldi for $2.99.

Got some KOA estate grown Kona for a treat. Doing drip - my usual method. But also taking the time to do some aeropress every dow and then. My current favorite method is inverted Aeropress made extra strong then thinned out some with hot water. I can make two small but really good cups that way.

I just opend a bag the espresso house blend from monmouth. Too bad i dont visit uk on a regular basis!

Started with a doubble shot and had a cappu later in the evening. Great stuff as always!

It has been a press weekend.

• Saturday was Colombia La Cabana coffee brewed in a Impress brewer.
  • Sunday had the same Colombia La Cabana beans brewed Americano style with a Presso.

Moka with Sbux French Roast

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom