What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

3D82FA9A-07F8-4DB1-A075-152462013A29.jpeg
Dunkin Donuts original blend ground coffee made in Mr Coffee. Usually a large cup with 1 spoonful of sugar and half&half added.

New England Blueberry Cobbler mixed with Happy Belly's Breakfast Blend decaf in the Bunn. Got used to the FP now but wanted to make a large travel thermos of iced coffee. I can definitely taste a difference between the two and prefer the FP. Never would have thought that a couple of weeks ago...

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good Saturday morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Sloth Dispelling in the french press.

It's 59° and mostly cloudy here in Music City with a high around 72° today. We had some heavy rain and wind last night with plenty of lightning and thunder. I woke up around midnight to check things then went back to bed for a couple hours. All is quiet now. :)

Hope the weekend is going well for you, crew!

Morning guys,

Chock Full with a scoop of Bustelo to give it more body in the FP this morning. I gave up with the scale for right now because I've been using the FP so often that I feel like I can eyeball everything well enough. Came out great. Back to the KISS principle.

Supposed to pour today and of course I have to work outside. Better remember to bring the raincoat and hat. Fun stuff.

Enjoy the day!

That webpage you linked under the Hario dripper is pretty darn interesting. I bookmarked it to read later. Lots of info. Thanks!
You are welcome!

Here is Tetsu Kasuya's original recipe. He designed the dripper with Hario and was the World Brewers Cup 2016 Champion that brought us the 4:6 recipe for the V60. I have not tried the original recipe yet since I was enjoying the April Coffee recipe.

I am really enjoying the Mugen as it is a pour and walk away method of making coffee without a lot of ceremony, which is great for making coffee before you have had any coffee.

Magnum Blue Mountain Blend in the Phase Brew this morning. Currently at a golf lesson with my son, planning to smoke a chuck roast when I get home. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!View attachment 1626767
We've talked about that coffee before and how I used to really like it when I had a Costco available to me. Found it yesterday on Amazon. I guess I can go that route the next time I need to get something. Enjoy the day, buddy!

Happy Saturday fellas! I have been drinking some Ethiopia Duromina Agaro Gera for the last few days, these are very aromatic beans. This is from my local roaster who recently got this ranked 94 on coffee review! They are determined to keep their prices affordable with low overhead, we shall see...

I have been trying to find the right method because of the acidity and the amount of fines that Ethiopian coffees frequently produce. The V60 works well, but I think I prefer my flat bottom Stagg X. I decided to also up the amount of coffee since I was getting a well balanced cup and that has worked well. I have another Ethiopian I was drinking recently from Sidama that didn't behave at all like this coffee, had more acidity and needed a weaker ratio. A (not) quick look at the maps and such reveals that they are from two distinct zones and the Sidama may be slightly lower density(less fines).

Have a great cup, have a great weekend(stolen and modified from Geofatboy)!

We've talked about that coffee before and how I used to really like it when I had a Costco available to me. Found it yesterday on Amazon. I guess I can go that route the next time I need to get something. Enjoy the day, buddy!
We pay around $14 for 2 pounds. At that price it’s a tremendous value for a good all arounder. All three of us in my house like it and it holds up to any brewing method I throw at it. It’s a darkish medium - easy to drink black, but holds up to a bit of half and half when it suits me.

We pay around $14 for 2 pounds. At that price it’s a tremendous value for a good all arounder. All three of us in my house like it and it holds up to any brewing method I throw at it. It’s a darkish medium - easy to drink black, but holds up to a bit of half and half when it suits me.
Think it was 10 bucks more on amazon. I'll have to look again to be sure, though. I like Amazon for a lot of things but food products always come up more expensive than I could find locally.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I thought our internet went out at 2AM.... I was up with some odd pain I'm having but that's another story. Anyway, when I got up late this morning, still no internet... I called the cable company and as she was diagnosing things from her end, I noticed the Router lights were all off... turns out, the power switch on the router died... the button wouldn't stay in....

My first thought was to buy a new one.... bad first reaction. After I realized it was Sat... They wanted me to buy a modem/router combination from them.. or rent one, which I hate... .but the store near our house is closed until Monday... the other one is way across town and closes at 2PM... too close for comfort. So I looked on Amazon on my phone.... I could get one here by tomorrow. Then I thought... hmmm, why not try to put something in the switch to keep it in. I took one of those pointed wood dental picks, depressed the switch button and forced one along the side.... so.. here I am, chatting with you all. I'll keep an eye on the 8 year old router to see if it is overheating and causing the button to fail.. or if the switch just went bad. I don't want to burn down the house for the price of a new router. ;)

Anyway, I went back to using the plunger on our French Press... great coffee again. ;)

Top Bottom