What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
4EDCEBB1-1142-473D-86DA-3FA4B82FDE38.jpeg

I roasted some Yemen beans for the first time a few days ago.

I tried some about an hour after roasting, which is always a terrible idea, and it was terrible.

I brewed some this morning in a V60. It's loads better, as expected, but might still need a day or two to rest.

I think I'm not fond of these beans. I'm happy I tried them, they're pretty different from any other coffee I've had, but I don't think I'll buy them again.

The coffee has notes of fermented grain, almost like a sourdough starter, but without the sourness. Idk if that makes sense, but it's the best I can describe the prominent flavor. It has a medium smoothness im a V60. It's definitely not bad, but for the money, I'll take 1.5lb of a Yirgacheffe, or 3+lb Guatemala Huehuetenango.

linty1

My wallet cries.
thumbnail_IMG_6824.jpg

Back at work and it's back to the Clever Coffee dripper. A decent enough of a cup. I like that it's so simple to use. Using the Brazillian/Nicaraquean beans from earlier, I store I scooped maybe two fistfulls/cups into a little tin and keep it at work. The hot water I grab from the Keurig that they have here. Ground with a Porlex mini that I also keep stowed at work. It's a nice little set up, the Porlex mini is capable for what I need here and is built well enough to survive work. The pink cup is distinctive enough that no one will lift it/ppl know it's mine. Such is work.

View attachment 1366676

Back at work and it's back to the Clever Coffee dripper. A decent enough of a cup. I like that it's so simple to use. Using the Brazillian/Nicaraquean beans from earlier, I store I scooped maybe two fistfulls/cups into a little tin and keep it at work. The hot water I grab from the Keurig that they have here. Ground with a Porlex mini that I also keep stowed at work. It's a nice little set up, the Porlex mini is capable for what I need here and is built well enough to survive work. The pink cup is distinctive enough that no one will lift it/ppl know it's mine. Such is work.
Do you need to manually start the draw down? I hope you don't overrun the cup one morning when you are still asleep. :biggrin1:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Do you need to manually start the draw down? I hope you don't overrun the cup one morning when you are still asleep. :biggrin1:

Yes, when you set the brewer down onto the cup, it activates a little plate that lets the coffee flow down. And overrun is not an issue because when I draw water from the Keurig, I set it to the "small cup"... I think it's around 6oz and it works for my mug. Today's coffee isn't as exciting:

thumbnail_IMG_6826.jpg

A decaf cup of coffee from McDonald's. This cup seemed weak, but smooth. A little biased as this is my favourite time of year, but the time is nicely decorated.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I think it was @MurderousCrow that was using the Flair, but the portafilter distribution tool was updated:

and will now work with larger doses.

I have no affiliation at all with them, it was just something I was keeping an eye on myself. I have checked out on one.

linty1

My wallet cries.
C560CAE4-DB97-48B3-ADB5-4820F453DEA8.jpeg

I poured my work beans into my home jar, the same beans from before, and my favourite, an americano. For some reason I like americanos a lot better than regular drip. Kinda looks like a glass of stout. The cup is interesting, its from a gift store from Fuji Mnt, Japan, and whatever you out in the glass:

314A424B-B1D5-4298-B9C6-DDE4F5A71B13.jpeg

gets reflected onto the mountain, which is kinda neat.

Top Bottom