What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Last of the roasted Panamanian microlot. I still have many more pounds to roast so not "out" just out of the roasted beans.

Tomorrow it will be fresh Sumatran Mandheling. Been a while since I've roasted any Sumatran coffee. Should be an interesting week. SWMBO calls it "dirt coffee" because of the prominent earthy taste it has.

proxy.php

Day 3 of the Sumatran Mandheling in the Technivorm.

I roasted it light - 16 minutes, 378°

Amazingly good. No dirt taste. A little more pronounced than the central American. Not at all like what I am used to in a Sumatran.

At first I thought that I had made a mistake by ordering 10 pounds. Now I'm sorry I didn't make it 20 pounds like the other 3 green coffees I did order.

You can never tell.

54 grams Dark Sulawesi Kalossi…….1010 grams filtered water. Have a great day all and above all have a safe one.
DSCI0836.JPG

Down to the last half grinder hopper of Sumatran. Either this is an exceptional year or an exceptional sack but I am still wowed by the flavors and lack of "dirt" (earthy) taste.

I am tempted to roast it again but the other 3 sacks have been calling me to them.

No pics as SWMBO is still making morning coffee in the Technivorm (or as she calls it "the tech-no-worm")

E6B1FB17-D2F0-4541-A2BC-3FEB66C37EE4.jpeg

As I’m the only coffee drinker in the house I typically use my aeropress with fresh ground coffee from my Baratza Encore. Great way to start the day!

Top Bottom