What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Black & Tan with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Black & Tan with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

23 grams of Bluestone Coffee Sumatra Takanan with 300 grams of filtered water brewed in a french press and served with frothed milk for cafe au lait.

I had a lovely cup of coffee this morning: Venkids Valley Estate (India) from Quarter Horse Roasters in Birmingham UK. Eyeballed a volumetric dose at 1:3 in my Aeropress after a quick stir and a fast plunge (oo-er!). Diluted a little more into a long black kind of strength. This bean has unbelievable depth, with sweetness that lingers for ages after drinking. Not particularly expensive either.

23 grams of Bluestone Coffee Sumatra Tanakan ground in a Baratza Virtuoso and mixed with 300 grams of filtered water, brewed in a Bodum Bistro (vintage) french press and mixed with frothed Fat Free Lactaid milk for a delightfully smooth cafe au lait.

We use a Capresso burr grinder on either a Colombian or a Hawaiian dark roast normally. Two wise guys coffee is our caffeinated beverage of choice right now.

With the burr grinder (which replaced a rosewood and ceramic hand crank model when the Missy was tired of begging me to grind the coffee lol) and a Bodum french press and a coarse grind on the weekend, and during the week (we wake up two hours apart) it's drip coffee with a chantal ceramic drip cone with mellitta un-bleached filters.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am back to the quickness, ease of use, and simplicity of my Mr. Coffee. Work mornings are just to crazy.

BALI tod
IMG_0002.JPG
ay ....

2 x shots of honey process Costa Rican. Pulled from a La Pavoni. These were calibration shots as this is a new coffee. #1 was too coarse and #2 pretty close to the mark. Will grind a little tighter tomorrow.

Last of the Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Black & Tan. 28 grams with 360 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

2 x shots of honey process Costa Rican. Pulled from a La Pavoni. These were calibration shots as this is a new coffee. #1 was too coarse and #2 pretty close to the mark. Will grind a little tighter tomorrow.

Really dialed in the Costa Rican for espresso with one more calibration shot. Pulled a second this morning to enjoy as an americano.

Top Bottom