What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

33 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Guatemalan medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum po

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser blend medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

Today I was rubbing late so my cup of Joe was Community Coffee breakfast blend, prepared drip style from s K-cup with Splenda and N'joy powdered creamer. Ehh

3-cup Alessi moka, three 14g shots with the new La Pavoni. Got the technique down pretty well. Beans too much citrus for my liking in both preparations.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

31 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser blend medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser blend medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

25 grams of Java Love Good Morning Brew with 300 grams of water brewed in french press for 4 minutes. No plunge. Cafe au lait. Yum.

41 grams of Java Love Good Morning Brew with 600 grams of water for french press. Made 3 1/2 cafe au laits. The big bummer is my Baratza Virtuoso quit on me in mid grind. I was trying to grind 45 grams and it stopped at 40. I took it apart, got it to run for a couple seconds and then nothing. I have an email into Baratza support. I bought it in March 2016. 3 1/2 years isn't all that long. I use it 3 to 4 times a week since I don't make coffee every day. I have my fingers crossed that I can fix it simply by myself and don't need a costly repair.

Last edited:
31.5 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser blend medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

Hello all.

This morning I took the time to get a bit more precise with my Aeropress, while I'm stuck at work. I usually put oh about so much water through, and about so much coffee, as I no longer have a portable scale for work... Not surprisingly it's hit and miss.

Today I tried volumetric dosing, and it worked great. Approx 17g of Quarter Horse Coffee's Las Cotorras (lightly-roasted Mexican), plus about 4g of the same roaster's Huila la Plata (medium-roasted Colombian decaf) through a Rhinowares hand grinder at a coarseness slightly greater than for espresso.

Volume-wise this filled one increment on the aeropress. Added 92degC water to a total volume of two increments, steeped for one minute, then pressed. In the cup, I added as much water again for a kind of Americano-level strength.

Wow. Sweet but vivid, with great flavours.

31 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser blend medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

60 grams of Broast Columbia medium roast with 722 grams of water via a french press. First use of my Baratza Encore to grind the beans, mmmm delish!

Top Bottom