What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Guatemalan medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

A Cuba/Brasil mix.
Not noon yet and already 6 cappucos made.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_112953.jpg
    IMG_20190926_112953.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Guatemalan medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum po

On the way back from Kenya I decided to purchase some coffee available at the local grocery store. Take a look at the attached picture to see what depressurization in the air cargo hold does to foil bags with pressure release values....the impression of individual beans remained even after the bags were open. I have only brewed these coffees in a Hario V60, but the flavor was pretty good. Both were roasted about 6 weeks ago, so not exactly fresh but still quite enjoyable. It was nice to see that this Java House brand offered about 6-8 different origins of African coffees, and there were lots of other brands being sold as well.
JavaHouse-Kenya-Coffee.jpg

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Guatemalan medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum po

Today made americanos with these two African coffees. Had to adjust the grinder and increase dosage to get something barely acceptable. I liked the "Rwanda Lake Kivu" better than the "Espresso" when brewed in both a Hario V60 and as espresso. The remaining beans will be brewed in a pour over.
JavaHouse-Kenya-Coffee-2.jpg

32 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Guatemalan medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum po

Java Love. I combined the last 11 g of my Bad *** Brew (dark roast) with 9 g of Morning Blend (medium roast) (Total 20g). French press. 300g of filtered water. Nice and smooth. I had not tried a medium roast in the french press before and I have do say I like the boost in flavor, even though a little less than half was medium roast. Looking forward to tomorrows solo run of the medium roast.

Today I tried my new beans. Java Love Good Morning Blend. There is a short story to this though. I had been buying their Bad *** Brew which is a dark roast. I was in search of a full bodied medium roast to see if I could get some more flavor out of my beans. I went into the store looking to walk out with a pound of their Mokha Java only to find out they don't stock it in the stores. I could only buy it online. I was disappointed because if you bring in your coffee canister, they will fill it with a pound of coffee for the price of their 12 oz. bags. I'm not having them ship me beans so I can pay far more for the coffee and have to pay shipping on top of that. Add insult to injury why don't you. I ended up buying their Good Morning Blend which has the word Medium roast circled on it. I get home and made a pot and found it to be weaker and less flavorful than I was hoping. I then go online and read the description and find it is a mix of medium AND LIGHT roasts. Explains a lot. I wrote them how unhappy I am so we'll see if they stock the Mokha Java in the store. I doubt it. My search continues.

Top Bottom