What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Glenn,
My father’s name is Federico. My mother has always called him Fred for short. We were visiting with them Wednesday and mom said, “Fred, while you’re up, get me a bottle of water.”
Dad is 81 and mom is 78. They’ve been married for 58 years.
Although I saw them two days ago, you put a big smile on my face with your post.
Thank you.

Glad to hear it Marty.

Funny, my Dad's full name was Ferdinando, (he cringed when the teacher read off his name in school). Hence...the "Fred".

I get nostalgic using a hundred year old straight a total STRANGER used many years ago... very cool.

Shave on with a nice mug of Joe.

30 grams Palomar Roaster Ethiopia Yukro Organic medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

How's the Peru Chasqui? Medium roast I suppose.

Yes Guy, A nice medium roast for the Peru, I go lighter with some of the Africans, a bit darker on most Centrals,
avoid Fr. roast or espresso unless special order. But oh yes, I can "pooch" (burn...) green coffee beans as well
as the next.

During the morning brew, I treated myself to a LOUD playing of most of the "Last Waltz" concert,
(The Band... of course). Hands-down, best music of our era...Old Farts rejoice.

31 grams Palomar Roaster Ethiopia Yukro Organic medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Costa Rican (TWO of them) both wonderful, need to decide which ONE to bring in 30 Kilos of.
These Costa Ricans can easily be roasted to a nice full city roast maintaining the brightness associated with this growing region, plus smooth, rich mouth feel.

Brewed old school Melitta pour over, forgot how such a basic set up results in a great cup.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Youse guys are probably not going to believe me, but today I brewed up some Aldi brand coffee. I "custom" mixed 2 parts medium to one part dark roast. Put it through the Mr Coffee. It was REALLY good. I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

Costa Rican (TWO of them) both wonderful, need to decide which ONE to bring in 30 Kilos of.
These Costa Ricans can easily be roasted to a nice full city roast maintaining the brightness associated with this growing region, plus smooth, rich mouth feel.

Brewed old school Melitta pour over, forgot how such a basic set up results in a great cup.
You have forgotten as you are an old fart:302:

30 grams Palomar Roaster Tanzania Kilimanjaro Peaberrry Organic medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Nice locally roasted beans , double espresso $2. Kampot, Cambodia.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

31 grams Palomar Roaster Tanzania Kilimanjaro Peaberrry Organic medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Hey Guy,

Should I get more of this?(Tanz P/B)
Just got in 30K of SOLID cupping score Ethiopian Limu.
Good thing I had a box of tissues handy...
Brought tears to my eyes this morning.

Cory Silex vac pot, same proportions as you, only double the amount,

Had lottsa driving today! Another Vet on Palomar needed trans to O'side VA Clinic.
Probably not getting full night sleep tonight.

Guji was fantastic but this Limu...

CUL AR

Last edited:
My father and I had a cup of coffee from Honduras which I've purchased and ground at Bulk Barn. It was brewed in a General Electric Automatic Coffee Maker from the 60's.

proxy.php

Hey Guy,

Should I get more of this?(Tanz P/B)
Just got in 30K of SOLID cupping score Ethiopian Limu.
Good thing I had a box of tissues handy...
Brought tears to my eyes this morning.

Cory Silex vac pot, same proportions as you, only double the amount,

Had lottsa driving today! Another Vet on Palomar needed trans to O'side VA Clinic.
Probably not getting full night sleep tonight.

Guji was fantastic but this Limu...

CUL AR
The Tanz P/B was really good, worth getting more IMHO, never heard of the Limu but sounds fantastic

30 grams Palomar Roaster Tanzania Kilimanjaro Peaberrry Organic medium roast with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Top Bottom