C81C595C-11E7-49FE-8E59-2C4E3D7C13A9.jpeg
    575.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DC4A54EC-F68D-4212-BA6C-0C78D7D044A4.jpeg
    DC4A54EC-F68D-4212-BA6C-0C78D7D044A4.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 4
  • 09EF89CA-C1EF-49FE-B078-7D7F7D5619B2.jpeg
    09EF89CA-C1EF-49FE-B078-7D7F7D5619B2.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 4
Don’t mean to spam with more than one a day typically, but this shot was just too damn pretty. Poetry in a cup.

Coffee: Euphoria Coffee Ethiopia Kochere Yirgacheffe Grade 1 Natural, Mixed Heirloom
Grinder: Kafatek MC5
Machine: EMP Mod Specht LMLM
Cup: Not Neutral Vero
1B6A8C7C-07D0-4939-8FB7-D67C0B22F688.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Lavazza Intenso in the french press.

Not as chilly this morning. We're at 45° right now with a high around 60°. I have some things to pick up at Publix later and will probably grab a couple Italian subs from the deli while I'm there.

Have a blessed Sunday, friends.

Now Playing:

R.jpg

Costa Rican Azalea beans roasted last week and ground on my Eureka Mignon Crono flat milled grinder to slightly bigger than full espresso grind.
Bialetti Brikka pot.
Apart from the beans this is pretty much my daily set up. I only use the Cafetiere at work

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_101831.jpg
    IMG_20230205_101831.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230205_102704.jpg
    IMG_20230205_102704.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Morning All,

Still plugging away with the Colombian here. The third day is better than the first two and I went with a gold permanent filter in the Bunn instead of just paper this morning. I'll eventually get through it and move back to the darker roasts I prefer.

Gotta go to work today for a few hours and then church this evening in another town. I help the Pastor out there occasionally when I'm able. It's a small but vibrant church that is 99% Hispanic. Almost everything is in Spanish except my parts. ;) I love the place. The people are great and the music is even better. I'd go there full time if it was feasible. Maybe one day.

Have a blessed Sunday, guys!

Costa Rican Azalea beans roasted last week and ground on my Eureka Mignon Crono flat milled grinder to slightly bigger than full espresso grind.
Bialetti Brikka pot.
Apart from the beans this is pretty much my daily set up. I only use the Cafetiere at work
Your post inspired me to use my knockoff moka pot today. I’ve never tried coffee from the Brikka before - is it worth picking one up in addition to the moka?

Your post inspired me to use my knockoff moka pot today. I’ve never tried coffee from the Brikka before - is it worth picking one up in addition to the moka?
Yeah I have a 9 cup knock-off Moka and the 4 cup Bialetti Brikka. I prefer the Brikka it's simple to use. Put produces more of an espresso type foam (can't quite call it Crema) as it produces at 3 bar pressure, the Moka are 1 bar.....however if you stick with the Moka pot, there's a lot of folk brew them wrongly and hence make over extracted bitter coffe. Watch this YouTube link with coffee guru James Hoffman. Once you learn correct Moka brewing it's phenomenal.

The Brikka brews slightly differently to the Moka but it's easy to master.

Yeah I have a 9 cup knock-off Moka and the 4 cup Bialetti Brikka. I prefer the Brikka it's simple to use. Put produces more of an espresso type foam (can't quite call it Crema) as it produces at 3 bar pressure, the Moka are 1 bar.....however if you stick with the Moka pot, there's a lot of folk brew them wrongly and hence make over extracted bitter coffe. Watch this YouTube link with coffee guru James Hoffman. Once you learn correct Moka brewing it's phenomenal.

The Brikka brews slightly differently to the Moka but it's easy to master.
Interesting. Looks like I’ll be adding a brikka to my birthday wishlist. I agree about about the moka pot - I’m familiar with Hoffman’s technique. It always delivers good results.

Interesting. Looks like I’ll be adding a brikka to my birthday wishlist. I agree about about the moka pot - I’m familiar with Hoffman’s technique. It always delivers good results.
Yeah it definitely pays to know how to brew the Moka correctly it makes such a huge difference, I apologise I wasn't trying to infer you didn't, I just hope the video helps others if they aren't familiar with the correct brewing method..... As for the Brikka it's different, the only model u can buy now has a different valve to the earlier models and it doesn't have the correct water mark inside anymore, you get a measuring cup supplied. To brew the 4 cupbrikka you measure out 180ml of cold water, I grind my coffee a bit finer than the Moka. Load the coffee, I still brew with a lowish flame. But the brikka tells you pretty much when it's done as it gives a final psssssshhhhh noise 🤣 no need to watch for straw coloured liquid. That's why I love it....it's simple but jeez it makes as close to a creama espresso as possible using a cheap stove top method

Oh man, this is what I needed! Something new to learn that doesn't cost a fortune. James said go and play with it! 😂

Top Bottom