What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Another run of the pour over tonight. Cafe bustello this time. Only my second time having this coffee. Added a splash of Italian sweat cream and a dash of chocolate syrup. Pretty good this way.

20211007_181344.jpg

How is it black?
Pretty potent stuff. Haven't tried it black yet. I usually have to add milk or cream to dial back the acidity of coffees. I like the flavors of black coffee but everytime I drink it my stomach feels off while it goes through my system. Excited to try it in a moka pot once mine gets here. The cuban coffee look nice!

I don't want to be stating the obvious, but i hope you are adding the sugar and creamer without stirring it in the cup... It will feel like drinking water mixed with dirt if you do it like this!

On the thread topic, today I opened a fresh kilo of Passalacqua Espresso Harem. A double americano in the morning... good stuff!
EXPPII....... I add the sugar to the water , then when lukewarm I add the coffee , stir and let simmer for 7 minutes under low heat until crema forms . I don't like drinking the "sludge " .... On a side note, the SPENDID Greek shaving powder delivers one of the smoothest shaves on Earth !

Attachments

• coffee roaster.JPG
    coffee roaster.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
EXPPII....... I add the sugar to the water , then when lukewarm I add the coffee , stir and let simmer for 7 minutes under low heat until crema forms . I don't like drinking the "sludge " .... On a side note, the SPENDID Greek shaving powder delivers one of the smoothest shaves on Earth !

Yup, that's the procedure. But ask the poor italian in Greece that thought that the little cup was actually espresso, and proceeded to stir it before downing in it one shot :laugh:

Venizelos coffee? That's the name of an old greek prime minister, in the 1920's. That Nescafe tin must also be greek.

As for Splendid (Σπλέντιτ) brand soap I've never used it as I face lather. It has been a staple of old school barbers here. The secret they say is to add a pea sized amount of shaving cream together with the soap in the bowl ;)

Yup, that's the procedure. But ask the poor italian in Greece that thought that the little cup was actually espresso, and proceeded to stir it before downing in it one shot :laugh:

Venizelos coffee? That's the name of an old greek prime minister, in the 1920's. That Nescafe tin must also be greek.

As for Splendid (Σπλέντιτ) brand soap I've never used it as I face lather. It has been a staple of old school barbers here. The secret they say is to add a pea sized amount of shaving cream together with the soap in the bowl ;)
You can face lather with the Splendid , just put a small amount onto wet hands, rub hands together then massage onto whiskers. You have to rinse hands before picking up your razor , Splendid is really slippery stuff, hence the fantastic lubrication... Greece used to have 2 other powders , but long out of production now... One was HERMES , can't remember the other one. Yes the Nescafe' tin is Greek. It's used to make frappe' coffee. South American and Greek Nescafe' are not freeze dried, they are spray dried and will make a thick rich coffee cream from coffee, sugar and water. You can also use it to make Asian style Dalgona coffee.
DALGONA.jpg
greek.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a cup of cafe bustelo this morning. Tried a different method I had never tried. I brewed it on the stove for a few minutes then poured it through the pour over filter. Turned out pretty good!

First time trying the aeropress this morning with cafe bustelo. Added 6-8oz of frothed milk to it for my wife and I. As well as a splash of sweet cream. I have tons of learning to do! I don't have a scale yet so I need to find aeropress recipes that don't use grams 🤦‍♂️. But otherwise the first experience was a good one.

Pulling the first few shots from Gaggia Classic Pro since I did the pressure modification (dropped from the standard 12 bar it ships setup for to 9, and will be trying 6.5 in a week or so).

coffee: Lavazza Super Crema
grinder: Eureka Mignon Instantaneo

Second time brewing in the aeropress. This time tried the standard paper filter and cap. First time trying the inverted method. Finished up the bag of jim beam dark roast bourbon coffee. Then diluted with 6oz of frothed milk and a splash of sweet cream. Aeropressing is fun! Still figuring out the ratios but it is going well so far 👍

20211018_081453.jpg

20211009_102108.jpg

Had two cups of coffee today which I almost never do lol. Dark roast from the aeropress this morning with 6oz or frothed milk and sweet cream.

Then when I got home I tried out my minipresso knockoff. Got it from aliexpress for 23 bucks. First run was a disaster. Wicked bitter. So it went down the drain. Tried it again right after and was much better. Cafe bustello espresso then mixed with 6oz of milk/sweet cream. Quite enjoyable.

20211019_150239.jpg

Top Bottom