What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Mid day double shot illy with a little Bourbon Cream
AF338698-9AE0-4210-84AD-82595062EBEC.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
5A516DBE-AFAD-4E5E-A89A-C5C669F9A96D.jpeg

Finally settled into the new place and also done that bag of decaf. Picked up a bag of a beans from a roaster at a farm market. Pulled a shot and ah... americano, my old friend. My grinders been acting weird lately, losing calibration and such. I took it apartand cleaned everything, wiping off the oil rings, making sure everything was moving freely and reassembled. Hopefully that fixes that.

linty1

My wallet cries.
264211E6-387B-41E3-8CE0-20C3DCD993FF.jpeg

My usual americano on the flair. Btw this self warming mug is pretty nifty (gift from the wife), it by ohom, its nice and dead simple to use. Also doubles as a wireless charger. Would recommend over the ember mug (which I also have and now sits unused).

linty1

My wallet cries.
5929020F-803C-4729-A04F-7E68E1EDD51E.jpeg

A897FAD1-6069-4E01-989F-0C3D806FA12B.jpeg

A phin filter was left behind by the previous home owner and had some time so decided to give it a try. First cup.. tried it at the suggested "medium fine" and nope. Too fine. Dialed the grind setting to "coarse" on the Niche (43) and.. close! it takes about 4oz of water and "tamps" by screwing in the middle part. I think next time I might go coarser a smidge still. A surprisingly nice, strong cup of coffee. Interesting!

Tinker Coffee roasters medium blend. I make a flat white with my Jura E6. I use a Breville frother set at 148 degrees. A double shot of espresso (1.5 water). I end up with 95% steamed milk and 5% light foam in a large cup from Kookaburra Australian Roasters in Saint Augustine Florida.

Took a chance on a Turkish coffee this week. I've tried the most popular brand from Turkey , Mehmet Efendi , and it was far too "earthy " for me , even with cream and sugar. This brand , Hazer Baba ( " Delightful Father " ) is much, much more refined and mellow. From the first sip you can tell it has a high Robusta percentage, but they really smoothed the flavor and aroma out. Also of note, this truly is a " Turkish grind " , it's as fine as Italian 0000 pizza flour , this is the real Turkish coffee grind , nothing like supermarket " Turkish " grind machines give you
IMG_1835.JPG
..... Different and unique, and quite good alone, with cardamom or ginger, or with a dab of half&half and sugar.

A burnt roast Americano to start the day. :cuppa::thumbdown :sad:

I was roasting a nice Tanzanian Peaberry 1-2 weeks ago and thought I had pressed the Cool-Down button on the Behmor roaster once reaching the desired roast level, before second crack and then walking away. But I had made a mistake, fat fingering and not paying attention well enough to realize that the exhaust fan had not started and the roast was still proceeding. I only realized once the smoke started bellowing out after the timer ran down and automatic cooling took place. It was the first time I had to rely on the automatic stop to prevent total disaster. The coffee was very over roasted, but I have managed to drink it. But it was so burnt and dry that it was difficult to make espresso even after grinding finer and finer still.
Tanzanian-Peaberry-burnt-roast_20210928.jpg

I thought I had finished the last of the burnt roast Tanzanian. But when making a new pot of coffee, found the last two beans wedged in the throat of the grinder. I have never had this happen before. Turning the grinder upside down and smacking it would not dislodge them. Had to poke them out.
Stuck-burnt-roast-beans_20210930.jpg

I'm a coffee newb. Still trying to learn about the whole process. Different types of brewing, roasting, and methods of extraction. I'm waiting on quite a few products to expand my collection and experiment with soon. This morning I made my wife and I a cup of this medium roast in a pour over brewer. Not bad but I need to do better. I still have tons to learn!

20211007_080327.jpg

20211007_080347.jpg

Took a chance on a Turkish coffee this week. I've tried the most popular brand from Turkey , Mehmet Efendi , and it was far too "earthy " for me , even with cream and sugar. This brand , Hazer Baba ( " Delightful Father " ) is much, much more refined and mellow. From the first sip you can tell it has a high Robusta percentage, but they really smoothed the flavor and aroma out. Also of note, this truly is a " Turkish grind " , it's as fine as Italian 0000 pizza flour , this is the real Turkish coffee grind , nothing like supermarket " Turkish " grind machines give youView attachment 1324429..... Different and unique, and quite good alone, with cardamom or ginger, or with a dab of half&half and sugar.
I haven’t had the opportunity to try Turkish coffee. I’m looking forward to it though!

Some of it is just too " earthy" for me, others, with cream/sugar are really nice.

I don't want to be stating the obvious, but i hope you are adding the sugar and creamer without stirring it in the cup... It will feel like drinking water mixed with dirt if you do it like this!

On the thread topic, today I opened a fresh kilo of Passalacqua Espresso Harem. A double americano in the morning... good stuff!

Top Bottom