What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Some Roaring Stag Colombian Excelso poured through a Swissgold coffee filter.

Attachments

• 20210426_114005.jpg
    20210426_114005.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Now I am drinking decaf coffee. It’s coffee from coffee beans that have had at least 97% of their caffeine removed. I just want to reduce the negative effects of caffeine on my organism, especially on the heart. I can also drink it after 18 hours and I will still sleep normally, this is a big plus for me.Іf you compare decaf coffee and regular coffee, there is almost no difference between them. Well, unless decaf has a less expressive, softer taste and aroma, but it's still delicious.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Wanted to dial in a recipe for Clever Dripper for returning to work, and it was.... disappointing. I was using the Hoffman recipe and it was weak tasting... I think? It was because I was comparing it to a year of drinking americanos daily, but definately did not do it for me. I might try dialing it a little finer? Not sure... or.. I don't know.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Update: I just rebrewed the coffee, but this time a) dialing the porlex finer by a notch and b) using the aeropress instead this time and its a much better brew. Not quite the americanos, but nicer.

I don't want to bring the aeropress to work... but.. I may now.

I don't want to bring the aeropress to work... but.. I may now.
Pre-C19 I kept one in the office. Still take the travel size with me to my weekend job now, works great! I did have to learn the hard way to not use the inverted method at work. The plunger popped out on the flip and the slurry went everywhere, including over myself. 😂😂 Still use mine daily from home and on the go. Gotta have great coffee!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Gotta have great coffee!

Agreed, its just for me the aeropress has too many parts to rinse/dry/space, its the tube, plunger, cap. Whereas the Clever is just the one unit, rince the top, rince the bottom. I leave the clear lid at home. Name of the game is simplicity @ work.... BUT if it means doing a smidge more for better coffee... I may. But I want to retry the Clever tomorrow. I'm not sure which variable to change though.

Agreed, its just for me the aeropress has too many parts to rinse/dry/space, its the tube, plunger, cap. Whereas the Clever is just the one unit, rince the top, rince the bottom. I leave the clear lid at home. Name of the game is simplicity @ work.... BUT if it means doing a smidge more for better coffee... I may. But I want to retry the Clever tomorrow. I'm not sure which variable to change though.
I don’t have any experience with the Clever. As in this is the first I’ve ever heard of it. I’d love to see some pics and hear more about your experience with it!

linty1

My wallet cries.
It looks kinda like a tea steeper, its an immersion brewer.. um lemme show you the Hoffman video...

I'll take a photo tomorrow when I use it again. I have a sneaky feeling I'm not actually doing anything wrong, and that I'm just used to drinking a stronger americano than a filter, and that the Aeropress tasted better because I was simply using less water maybe?

It looks kinda like a tea steeper, its an immersion brewer.. um lemme show you the Hoffman video...

I'll take a photo tomorrow when I use it again. I have a sneaky feeling I'm not actually doing anything wrong, and that I'm just used to drinking a stronger americano than a filter, and that the Aeropress tasted better because I was simply using less water maybe?
Thanks for sharing the video! Looks like a neat brew method. I would have to guess it has something to do with your being used to the stronger coffee. The original Aeropress recipe is one that calls for an Americano style brew method with minimal water for immersion, then dilute to taste. If you haven't seen it, the Fellow Prismo attachment is fun for the Aeropress as well! Best of luck figuring out the best method for the workplace!

linty1

My wallet cries.
@Jmp63 I totally forgot to take an "in action" photo until I sat down and remembered, but here:

BEFB987E-7B8C-4814-B838-317DCFF67338.jpeg

It takes the flat bottom #4 filters (melitta etc) and it comes in large and small sizes, this is the large and can brew up to around 400ml.

As to how it went today, it went better, although it may be my taste buds adjusting.

@Jmp63 I totally forgot to take an "in action" photo until I sat down and remembered, but here:

View attachment 1261035

It takes the flat bottom #4 filters (melitta etc) and it comes in large and small sizes, this is the large and can brew up to around 400ml.

As to how it went today, it went better, although it may be my taste buds adjusting.
That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing, I hope the coffee keeps getting better for you!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Back to the americanos this morning, a new bag of coffee, pull was a little too quick/ground a bit too coarse, but gotta say, its like seeing an old friend again.

Top Bottom