What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Uganda medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Anyone here is using the Turkish method of boiling fine coffee grinds in a small pot (cezve) ? They make it that way in all the areas which used to be part of the Ottoman Empire, not just Turkey but also Greece, the Middle East, parts of Eastern Europe etc. They serve it with coffee grinds (so you definitely don't want to gulp down that last ounce) and it's very strong, almost espresso-like but with a very different taste. I was served it super hot with a glass of ice water, and the waiter suggested I take a sip of coffee and follow it up with a sip of water for the best taste.

Reading this thread made me remember that coffee and I now want to buy a cezve an try making it myself. There's many Middle Eastern grocery stores around here, I am sure they sell them. I believe you're supposed to use very finely ground coffee and take the pot off the stove the moment it starts to boil.
My usual method......I have a large Greek ibrik and 2 smaller Armenian jezve.....Hand roasted beans, ground in Turkish traditional brass grinder....

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

I mean the same COFFEE, my Cona still down, BUT the lovely Miss Elektra T-100 got all steamed up and proffered up a very enjoyable cappa.
Cheers

Lavazza Gran Crema
BD4CA384-A778-4438-AFE4-749524FF7258.jpeg

IMG_20190503_091322197.jpg

3 scoops of Pecan Praline Community Coffee
12 cups of water
Mr. Coffee Drip

To the cup was added vanilla almond milk and equal sweetener.

28 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta French roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta French roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

29 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

With my new breville oracle, I have been having a cpl lattes and americano over the weekend and today.
Using Lavazza coffee.
Still working on my sklizzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Lots of reading and experimenting.
Ill post a pic eventually

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta French roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Top Bottom