What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Lazy Pod day
06F255D6-E418-46A8-8E45-F206D35D186D.jpeg

First pot with the Bonavita BV-1900-TD

not bad.

Might be retiring the Bunn, just for space considerations. Does not make enough volume but I've made multiple pots in the past so not that big a dealer compared to using less than half the space the Bunn takes up.

proxy.php

Bunn is nice but too large for a "normal " size kitchen

proxy.php

24 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Costa Rican medium roast. with 370 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

@Mick, That is quite the size difference. Like our Bonavita unit makes great coffee and has been trouble free. Put the thermal carafe away and use a standard Melitta glass carafe since we drink coffee post brewing and would rather make fresh later as needed. If brewing under 5 cups with Bonavita key to proper temp is to pass 3 cups of just water through machine to heat everything up. No time lost as all is complete by time I'm done grinding. Enjoy

@Mick, That is quite the size difference. Like our Bonavita unit makes great coffee and has been trouble free. Put the thermal carafe away and use a standard Melitta glass carafe since we drink coffee post brewing and would rather make fresh later as needed. If brewing under 5 cups with Bonavita key to proper temp is to pass 3 cups of just water through machine to heat everything up. No time lost as all is complete by time I'm done grinding. Enjoy

I always rinse the paper filter using boiling water regardless of brewer. If the brewer is not thermal (Chemex, etc.) I'll pour off the boiling water into the thermal that will hold the coffee oncce brewed. If the brew has a thermal, I'll remove the rinsed and warmed basket a d filter, put the lid on and shake to warm the entire thermal, then empty the water and run the brew.

This
  1. Rinses the paper filter
  2. Warm everything up to around 200°
  3. Helps the coffee stay warmer longer.

25 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chasermedium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Peet’s Coffee - Sumatra in My K-Cup in my Kurig. Maybe not optimal, but quick and easy for my special Hump-Day coffee this morning (normally it’s Wawa Dark Roast).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chasermedium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

25 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

1 part chicory
1 part la llava espresso
2 parts aldi donut shop
6 parts four sisters donut shop
braun drip maker
basically 10spoons for a 12 cup pot
poured into a large thermos after the brew stops
3/4 strength coffee,after I add milk I end up with something a little better than half caff.

Sure house Papua New Guinea, 18g, 300ml in V60. First time for this bean and I can tell I'll be enjoying this bag already
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

26 grams Kicking Horse Coffee, Grizzly Claw, Dark Roast, Certified Organic, Fairtrade with 380 grams filtered water via Tiamo K02 pour over

25 grams Kicking Horse Coffee, Grizzly Claw, Dark Roast, Certified Organic, Fairtrade with 380 grams filtered water via Tiamo K02 pour over

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
First pot with the Bonavita BV-1900-TD

not bad.

Might be retiring the Bunn, just for space considerations. Does not make enough volume but I've made multiple pots in the past so not that big a dealer compared to using less than half the space the Bunn takes up.

proxy.php

Bunn is nice but too large for a "normal " size kitchen

proxy.php
Someone at work snuck in a replacement for the used Bunn I bought a couple of years ago. It is a The BUNN BXB Velocity. Very much the same concept as their commercial brewers. Water already hot albeit a lesser amount. Fairly compact.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm enjoying my new grinder. The little green monster Ascaso Dream UP is still doing a fantastic job.

Some Central American / African bean espresso mix . . . and my attempt at art.

Black Dog.jpg

25.5 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Star Chaser medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Top Bottom