What's new

What's your Chrono?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Whazzat? I did order the MagnetSpeed V3 adapter and will most likely use it on the Pictinny rail at the 3 O'clock position.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Not sure how that could be employed. Without the specific MS pictinny adapter, the chrono has to be attached to the barrel or a "barrel substitute", hence my ungainly contraption. And the chrono has to be held very close to the bullet path to work, it can't just protrude past the muzzle. If I had a machine shop at my disposal (and the skills to use it) I'm sure a much more elegant and streamlined solution could be found. The 1 in. tubing and 1in. rings allows for an adjustable, but rigid mount that the unmodified chrono could be used on, without machining beyond cutting the tubes to length and drilling two holes in one to put the pictinny rail section on.The medium height set of rings should arrive today, hopefully these will achieve the proper alignment.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Oh, and another thing, my MagnetoSpeed V3 does have a micro SD card. I had forgotten about that. I also have a micro SD card reader coming, so that when I get it all working, I'll be able to download its data to Excell, just like the LabRadar does.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well the medium height rings arrived, alignment was close, but no cigar. However it could be made to work with a little shimming of the scope ring that holds the "false muzzle" portion. But since the MagnetoSpeed pictinny adapter is scheduled to arrive in two days, I will probably abandon my DIY project, unless the MS adapter doesn't work out for some reason.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
48B15801-2F0F-44E0-8290-D0891FF7E69F.jpeg

MagnetoSpeed pictinny adapter came in today. Much mo better! Now if the river level would drop so I could get to the range!! In case anyone asks, I'm using the 3 o'clock position so that I can continue to use my 6 for the bipod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom