What's new

What's your cheapest/best bang-for-your-buck part of your shaving routine?

Equate brand Noxzema face wash
Williams Mug soap
Gillette Tech with 2 shims
Aloe vera post shave

All that for under $10.

RazoRock 400 brush with the Plissoft knot. $20, but worth far more.

7A5A4365-9526-4159-8C02-9589405F4F34.jpeg

For me it is my reliable, but in-expensive Van der Hagen razor. For just under $20 (USD) it yields great shaves regardless of what blade I use.

Currently, razor blades @ around 10 cents each. Historically, a Norelco triple head electric razor that I got as a gift while in high school and used throughout college. 5 years of daily shaves, $0 spent.

I really like Shave Secret shaving oil. Inexpensive and works great. Used properly, it allows the razor to glide over your skin and it can also be used with wet shaving electrics. The foil never heats up when Shave Secret is used.

S

Scrubby

8AB53C45-18F9-4D0E-A62E-965F384EE6C6.jpeg

My €0,50 a tub batch of “de vergulde hand” soap. Should have bought all 30.

oh... and my omega 10019 boar brush that i bought somewhere in the early 90’s for 2-3 €, and used as my only brush for decades until you evil guys made me buy Simpsons manchurian brushes.

Soap: Arko and Derby Sticks

Badger Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia Two Band 22mm.

Boar Brush : Jaguar 783 (Turkish Boar Brush) 22mm and Semogue 820 22mm.

Shaving Cream : Arko Cool

Blade : Perma Sharp, GP

Shavette : Univinlions Shavette, Ali Biyikli Shavette

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Pre shave: If a person likes to wash whole face before a shave I like to use CeraVe hand bar cleanser, it will clean and soften & hydrate the whiskers, I like to use a dedicated brush(Yaqi Cashmere 24mm synthetic $10 Can) to wash with and that is a nice and relaxing routine, followed up with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area. CeraVe hand bar soap $7.00 Canadian approximately and lasts a year using a brush + Aloe Vera gel $6.00 Canadian and lasts about 8-10> months, also use same Aloe Vera gel as a hair moisturizer for the last 25+ years.
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

This stuff seems not to gum up my shave gear also.

Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave Balm. There are many far more expensive moisturizing after-shaves, but this stuff works so well for my skin that I'm not much tempted to try them.

+1 for Nivea Sensitive ASB. I do have other balms and splashes, but I always keep some Nivea on hand in case of a rough shave, and it's never let me down. The one thing I'll say for it is it's one product I always buy name brand...I got a CVS clone once, and that stuff did not agree with my face.

The other thing that's bang-for-your-buck in my shave routine is my Gillette NEW. It's the first razor I bought back when I started, and it shaves me better than anything else I've tried, though some slants have come close. It's the reason that I've never had RAD like I do SBAD...I always know that any razor I get will probably end up playing second fiddle to my NEW, so why even bother? I've got no idea what the going rate on them is nowadays, but for what I paid back then and how much I've used it since, it would've been a bargain at several times the price.

Palmolive stick. Here in Europe 1,49€ for 50gr. Thick and dense lather with great slickness and protection. It also seems to last forever. No fancy ingredients, so it requires some moisturizing after shaving.

And Yaqi brushes.

i would say my best bang for the buck item is the cold water i use to shave with dont know how it works for you but i just turn my tap on aits amazing i get all the water i want for free cant beat that .

Top Bottom