What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
A1BB2D08-6D96-4D66-9DD4-38695F457506.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Badger OTD + DE SOTD, January 26th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Beast 2" this is a Yaqi Flipside base plate with a Yaqi melon head- created in 2022 by myself (upper mid range), the melon head is thicker with possibly less curvature in the head giving more gap from the normal Flipside gap of 21/1000 or .021inches to 41/1000 or .041 inches giving slightly more blade feel or exposure. The flipside by its self is a fine mid range + open comb side is the milder side on this dual head and the Yaqi beast just bumps it up to a upper mid range I'm experiencing. Very nice close shave with a excellent blade.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(3) sharp & smooth with good longevity so far, very impressive blade for a new trial blade.(Curious)
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice musk scent with excellent lather qualities (Aramis scent?), this soap was commissioned by Yaqi to be created by Master soap creations S.A. This soap scent is addictive and always look forward to using it + excellent lather IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "barber pole" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Excellent handle for large hands + knot is one of the best for performance.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent stellar shave with my Yaqi Beast 2 razor with a Perma-sharp blade. Great razor to try if you have these razor heads for a combo.
Brush Collage Jan26 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom