What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Graydog custom badger
Graydog Badger 4.jpg

PXL_20210128_145853432~2.jpg

First shave with my new daughter designed/painted badger brush.

20mm SF Silvertip.

I was nervous because it's such a special brush and I didn't think to silicone the knot in just in case I didn't like it (my first time using this particular knot).

No need to worry though - it was great. And only shed one hair that I could see.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1214658

First shave with my new daughter designed/painted badger brush.

20mm SF Silvertip.

I was nervous because it's such a special brush and I didn't think to silicone the knot in just in case I didn't like it (my first time using this particular knot).

No need to worry though - it was great. And only shed one hair that I could see.
Looks like a badger face on the end of the handle, interesting thought & idea for something different!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
BOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021

Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm Sagrada Familia- named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain( I visited it myself), excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips + great scrubber & lather painter.

SOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021.jpg
Yaqi Tuxedo knot Sagrada Familia 24mm (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Have not shaved yet today, but I was curious as to how many times I had used each of my brushes in the last 24 days, I used 24 days because that was when I acquired my last brush.

Zenith 505AK Manchurian 5 times
Simpson’s Duke 2 Best. 5 times
Australian Mallee Burl with a 24mm SHD Maggard knot. 4 times
Simpson’s M7 Best. 5 times
Zenith Large Boar. 3 times
Zenith 50/50 Horse. 2 times

and last , but apparently least

Simpson’s Chubby 2 Synthetic. 0 times

I guess I look at a Synthetic as a travel brush, it is a great brush need to use it more.

Have not shaved yet today, but I was curious as to how many times I had used each of my brushes in the last 24 days, I used 24 days because that was when I acquired my last brush.

Zenith 505AK Manchurian 5 times
Simpson’s Duke 2 Best. 5 times
Australian Mallee Burl with a 24mm SHD Maggard knot. 4 times
Simpson’s M7 Best. 5 times
Zenith Large Boar. 3 times
Zenith 50/50 Horse. 2 times

and last , but apparently least

Simpson’s Chubby 2 Synthetic. 0 times

I guess I look at a Synthetic as a travel brush, it is a great brush need to use it more.
Off the cuff I can say three because I'm an every day shaver and I keep eight brushes in my rotation at a time. Eight might not be exact for me but it's close.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom