What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

24mm Dscosmetic Galaxy 2 band silvertip
IMG_20191017_210247.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
that's a beautiful bulb
I have to admit, this one converted me to use more bulbs. I have used mainly fans, but this knot is so sweet....For all the years I make and use my own brushes, and using many other brands, this one is the best I ever used - hands down.

Friday OCtober 18

This is a slightly smaller and lighter Leresche #34 model than the Leresche #54 I used earlier in the week. The comb length seems to be slightly shorter on this razor than on the #54. I didn't measure, I will later, it is just my impression on use.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - MWF (it's Friday)
Brush - M&F Stubby, Finest Badger, Cobalt 30mm
Blade - Gillette Platinum (4)
Razor - Leresche #34 (France)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Epsilon Blue A/S (Spain)

Shave rating 5 of 5

I liked the shave although I liked the #54 better. The #34 is a little lighter and I found it a little difficult to find the proper shaving angle. My first pass WTG was smooth with no blade feel, and not very efficient and it left me with more stubble than I'm used to, <DFS. The second pass, XTG and again was a very smooth pass with absolutely no blade feel and DFS+. I don't and I'm not chasing BBS so I didn't feel I needed to do another pass. The MWF lather was very good on the first pass and perfect for the second pass - I didn't do anything, it just sat in my scuttle. I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was silent, even on my neck area which is unusual. I finished off with the Epsilon Blue A/S.

Overall, a really good shave. I have a few more French razors for my next few shaves.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
2E9FEC07-E658-4350-83E7-89BCCCC84A30.jpeg

I have to admit, this one converted me to use more bulbs. I have used mainly fans, but this knot is so sweet....For all the years I make and use my own brushes, and using many other brands, this one is the best I ever used - hands down.
you're going to have to put one of those on a handle for me.

Top Bottom