What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

WCS Handle / Maggards Brown Synthetic
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Rudy,

I am curious as to which brushes you love and use the most that aren’t made by you. Can you let us know?
No problem, I do have a quite a few brushes from other makers. Like to have some examples from great and also not so famous makers.
From Simpson, a T3 and a M6, both in Manchurian, plus an old Polo 8 in two-band Super and a vintage Rover in Pure.
From Thaeter I have three, one two-band Straight Razor Place LE from some 10 years or so ago) and two three band silvertips.
Several Shavemacs, in Silvertip and two-band silvertip.
A Rooney two-band Super Badger, great brush.
A Plisson European White, in the flimsy faceted handle - I call it a shuttlecock, as the handle is so thin - the hair is also quite sparsely and floppy.
A Epsilon from Vielong, this is my densest brush - quite the opposite of the Plisson.
I also have a couple Semogues, an Owners Club in the wooden handle and two-band Foro Afeitado 2016 limited (56/100).
Then I own a Simfix silvertip (two-band).
One of my treasures is a Black Eagle from South Africa; it was his Christmas brush a few years ago, and I think only a few were made - I got the bulb shape, also a very dense brush.
Another brush I cannot really get in love with is a DaVinci brush, a great silvertip knot in a really bad handle - it is a rounded tear drop shape, very slippery with wet/soapy hands, but a superb knot. Also have their tiny travel silvertip brush.
Then I also have a Zenith Manchurian in the copper handle.
A Paladin when the knots were made and set in the UK by Sabini.
I believe this would all the badgers be I have in rotation, some getting used a few times a year, others once or twice a month.
Got a variety of brushes that are stored, mostly brushes I have reknotted myself or some NIB classics (MadeRite).
And not to forget, I have two synthetics, one of the very first Chubby 2's and the very first Shavemac in the USA. However, since I am a badger guy, I think they get used maybe twice per year only.

No problem, I do have a quite a few brushes from other makers. Like to have some examples from great and also not so famous makers.
From Simpson, a T3 and a M6, both in Manchurian, plus an old Polo 8 in two-band Super and a vintage Rover in Pure.
From Thaeter I have three, one two-band Straight Razor Place LE from some 10 years or so ago) and two three band silvertips.
Several Shavemacs, in Silvertip and two-band silvertip.
A Rooney two-band Super Badger, great brush.
A Plisson European White, in the flimsy faceted handle - I call it a shuttlecock, as the handle is so thin - the hair is also quite sparsely and floppy.
A Epsilon from Vielong, this is my densest brush - quite the opposite of the Plisson.
I also have a couple Semogues, an Owners Club in the wooden handle and two-band Foro Afeitado 2016 limited (56/100).
Then I own a Simfix silvertip (two-band).
One of my treasures is a Black Eagle from South Africa; it was his Christmas brush a few years ago, and I think only a few were made - I got the bulb shape, also a very dense brush.
Another brush I cannot really get in love with is a DaVinci brush, a great silvertip knot in a really bad handle - it is a rounded tear drop shape, very slippery with wet/soapy hands, but a superb knot. Also have their tiny travel silvertip brush.
Then I also have a Zenith Manchurian in the copper handle.
A Paladin when the knots were made and set in the UK by Sabini.
I believe this would all the badgers be I have in rotation, some getting used a few times a year, others once or twice a month.
Got a variety of brushes that are stored, mostly brushes I have reknotted myself or some NIB classics (MadeRite).
And not to forget, I have two synthetics, one of the very first Chubby 2's and the very first Shavemac in the USA. However, since I am a badger guy, I think they get used maybe twice per year only.
Thanks for the excellent response!
looking forward to ordering a brush from you in the new year. 👍

Top Bottom